1 minute ago, Internationowl said:

Also, that wasn't aggression! I would rather talk to a man face to face if he wants to insult me without meeting me. Can not stand keyboard warriors. This site is for light hearted football chat etc. Not name calling. Sorry to be blunt (god i hate that word) but I won't tolerate it.

I agree with the principle of not talking to someone online in a way you wouldn't do to their face, 100%.

But some would Interpret that comment you made as passive aggressiveness, at the least.

If you're getting that upset about someone calling you "dense" (despite the fact that you were clearly wanting to have an argument with me for the sake of it) and offering to meet people "face to face", then perhaps this forum isn't for you. 

I and most people on here for that matter, will have been called far worse things than "dense" on here and in real life. 

Edited by SiJ

52 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

Still a decent player, but unlikely to be value for money for us.

Do do you seriously believe we have a cat in hells chance of signing a relatively young, time served, premier and international player from an established top 4 premier team?!?!

As I said. Some fans need to get realistic

Just now, lukestheman82 said:

I agree with the principle of not talking to someone online in a way you wouldn't do to their face, 100%.

But some would Interpret that comment you made as passive aggressiveness, at the least.

Ok, point taken. It wasn't intended that way, but that just illustrates why you should be careful what you write to someone online. Anyway, I've moved on...:manager: I just can't stand bullying, and that's how I see cowardly name calling. 

1 hour ago, scram said:

Do do you seriously believe we have a cat in hells chance of signing a relatively young, time served, premier and international player from an established top 4 premier team?!?!

No, not at all!  He would obviously be out of our range and not worth that kind of money to us, because we'll need to spend more prudently and efficiently. A realistic post-promotion signing to me is the likes of Harry Maguire.

So in conclusion: you should come here and say that to my face.

(NB: satire)

Edited by WC1Owl

2 hours ago, scram said:

It depends how badly Arsenal want Sasso from us. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

lol 

Firstly, there's no chance of us signing Theo Walcott. 

Secondly, Theo Walcott is one of the most overrated players of his generation. 

Ever since we took him to the World Cup for an 'experience' I have disliked him.

7 hours ago, scram said:

As I said. Some fans need to get realistic

I wonder how many time we're going to see this word posted over the Summer should we go up? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Overrated doesn't mean "garbage" does it. 

I don't particularly rate Theo Walcott and I don't think he's good enough, or has ever been, for a club with the supposed ambition of Arsenal. In fact I'd strongly suggest that part of the reason why Arsenal haven't hit the heights in the last decade is by putting faith in players like Walcott. 

In saying that he is currently at one of the biggest clubs in the country, earns a fortune and would cost a fortune to sign. 

As things stand we are a Championship side. Even if we do get promoted i don't think for one minute we'd be trying to bring in a player like Theo Walcott. 

I don't think he's that bad a player - just been labelled our nations 'saviour' by English media since he come on the scene at a young age. Exactly the same as all new young players are. For me, it's more a case of not buying into the hype initially and not labelling thereafter. 

I think if Walcott could score more of his chances he'd take that leap from v good player to world class player. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

13 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I wonder how many time we're going to see this word posted over the Summer should we go up? :rolleyes:

Yeah but strange things happen in the wacky world of football. Imagine a few years ago when Leicester City were promoted. I bet if a thread appeared on a supporters' forum with the OP asking what the  "realistic" target should be for the next few years, none of them would have suggested winning the Premier League title and, if they did, other posters would ask what medication they were on.

:manager:

8 hours ago, scram said:

If we want to compete in the Premier we will be needing to sign players of quality.  If a player of his standing comes available then  we need to be making a serious bid for him, DC has said he's not going in the Premier to make up the numbers.

33 minutes ago, Holmes said:

If we want to compete in the Premier we will be needing to sign players of quality.  If a player of his standing comes available then  we need to be making a serious bid for him, DC has said he's not going in the Premier to make up the numbers.

No that's just our squad numbers 

:duntmatter:

Guest ka58
9 hours ago, Stoop said:

It's players like John Fleck who we should be going for

lol

only joking

No no no - uniteds got a reyt striker we should be looking at - Leon Clarke or something.

hes only 32 and looks like a real prospect

Edited by ka58