Ipswich Town vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

16 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

The point being we haven't beaten a McCarthy team in years and he plays the type of football we tend to struggle with

We have a side and squad capable of beating any team in this league, regardless of who the oppositions manager is .

Just now, Owl999 said:

We have a side and squad capable of beating any team in this league, regardless of who the oppositions manager is .

I agree mate. I just have a feeling we won't win 6 in a row and McCarthy football style does cause problems

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I know...after we struggled to beat them twice as well   lol

I know what you're saying Davey. However Newcastle want to play and we love that sort of game. McCarthy is the very antithesis of Newcastle type football

Just now, BRADDO said:

I agree mate. I just have a feeling we won't win 6 in a row and McCarthy football style does cause problems

Think we might just sneak this pal, although I'd take a draw and start the winning run of 4 games in a row next week .

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Is Jones injured ? 

He's been ill, dunno what with but maybe he hasn't recovered sufficiently yet. Doubt Lee would've started last game or this one otherwise, would more likely have come off the bench. Hope KL's got a good 65min in him today but don't want him pushing it. Get well soon DJ!

Is Winnall just not getting in the team because he's deemed too similar (and less sharp at the moment) to Fletch, Hooper and Rhodes? Nuhiu has done really well last couple of cameos and clearly offers something different, but you'd have to say Sam was the bigger goal threat. Or is he injured/lacking match fitness?

Edited by Mr. Tom

6 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yep. Still have doubts about a lee and bannan midfield partnership.

Lee and Bannan are easily the most creative duo, and our goals conceded record with them is similar to any other pairing, so what's not to like?

Great to see a settled side. And what a side too.

Rediculously strong bench.

Come on guys. Wrap it up today.