Ipswich Town vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

zlJVjMG.png          BJyDHtd.png               

Portman Rd Stadium 

15:00 Saturday, 29 April 2017

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Little is known about the history of Ipswich. It is said that Chuck Norris wanted to own the land on which Ipswich now stands to build Chucktopia, but once he caught sight of the local people, he decided to go back to North America instead.

There has been a long running feud in East Anglia between Ipswich and Norwich. Ipswich is typically the loser of the relationship, with Norwich being a marginally nicer place as it has a one more car park and a larger HMV store.

gxAEzFj.jpg

However, social historians have looked into this rivalry and come to the conclusion that the main reason Norwich is a nicer place is because it has a more closely linked social network. That’s because everyone in Norwich is believed to be related to everyone else. This common misconception is widely held, but easily disproved. Take a short journey beyond Diss on the A140, and the nearer you get to Ipswich the more you feel you are entering the set of the film "The Village of the Damned”.

XpEiEIz.jpg

Perhaps the biggest sign of deficiency Ipswich has with Norwich comes from the simple question; "Name someone famous from Suffolk?". In Norfolk they would probably suggest Stephen Fry or Horatio Nelson. In Ipswich they shout "Nik Kershaw" (actually born in Bristol, but raised in Ipswich which might explain his lack of musical talent) or "Delia Smith", (who has lived at Combs near Stowmarket for over 30 years) before realising that she prefers Norfolk and is owner of Norwich City Football club. 

The only other famous person from Suffolk apparently died in 1956. 

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Bartosz Białkowski and Leek.

Official Matchday Drink: Last ever chance to take the 16 Pint Challenge at a Wednesday game in April 2017.

Official Matchday Song: More Bounce To The Ounce by Zapp…

Ipswich's top scorer Tom Lawrence (ankle) should return after missing their loss to relegated Rotherham. David McGoldrick, Cole Skuse, Emyr Huws and Grant Ward are likely to play after being rested for that game.

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder David Jones is expected to come in for Kieran Lee after recovering from illness. Striker Fernando Forestieri is still not fully match fit after a knee problem, but is likely to feature off the bench for the third game in a row. Victory for the Owls will confirm their place in the Championship play-offs.

EqMV908.png Head To Head V1LHByE.png

▪    Ipswich are unbeaten in their last eight Football League encounters with the Owls (W4 D4).

▪    Sheffield Wednesday have won one of their last seven league visits to Portman Road, a 3-0 victory in October 2012.

▪    Mick McCarthy has never lost a league game against Sheffield Wednesday (W8 D6), despite his sides conceding in 13 of those 14 games.

▪    Sheffield Wednesday have won 78 points so far this season, their best return in a second-tier campaign since picking up 82 points in 1990-91.

▪    The Tractor Boys are unbeaten in their last seven home league games, winning the last two in a row. They last won three on the spin in August 2015 (five wins).

▪    Steven Fletcher has scored four goals in his last four league games for Sheffield Wednesday, after a run of 13 games without one.

Ib1PLy0.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

We are with confidence, you can see the faces of the players are happy, the training during this week is really very good again and this is the most important, to rely on ourselves. We must be ready for all the problems Ipswich will create to us. We have broken down a lot of walls in the last weeks, with very good victories over Derby and QPR and five wins on the row, these are just a few of the positive things in the club. I must say, the players are doing a fantastic job and there is a very positive vibe at the club.

ypcfXAt.jpg

My players are with big determination. I explained the problems we had before and explained what kind of changes we did, especially after the international break. Naturally the things are coming, the performances are better now, the confidence is better now, we are playing better, we are scoring more goals and consequently we have more points. We must control the emotions because everybody has responsibility and everybody knows we haven’t achieved anything yet. We must continue to do what we are doing with the same attitude and keep improving. I think we are improving game by game and I think we can play better. We depend only on us and it will remain that way for the next two games. We want to achieve three points this weekend in a stadium where only four teams have done this. We focus completely on this weekend, it will be very difficult to the both teams and we’ll have very good support.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight…

CMwjP1i.gif

Missed last week's match as I spent  11 hours on a mtb trying to kill myself riding  123 miles along the Scottish Borders. 

Couldn't walk for the days afterwards but the only thing I wanted was the score against Derby.

No ride this week so having to face listening to the full match. 

Honestly riding 123 miles off road is much less stressful lol

Brilliant Pauli!

More bounce to the ounce, well we definitely need to bounce Ipswich tomorrow and if we do no doubt the fans will be bouncing all the way back to Sheffield, or wherever.

3 points no matter how we get them is all that matters so let's hope Nuhiu's arse is on song tomorrow!

Great OMDT Pauli!

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep properly tonight mainly because of mixture of excitement and nerves... but partly due to the fact I fell asleep on the sofa before match 1 and then again before match 2 in our 5 win run so I did the same for game 3,4 and 5 so it looks like I'm on the sofa before every game till we get to Wembley!....

superstitious?! Me!!!.... never :ph34r:

just playing it safe honest

IMG_5647.PNG.3fa8b77019a7ffdfc467178d0c47e366.PNG

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

No píssing about waiting till we're a goal down before we think about attacking please, please, PLEASE be 5 nil up after 15 minutes and save me pulling my hair out!

RELEASE THE LLAMA!

AND SHOW UP T'OLD MICK

HE'S GOT A WONKY NOSE

THAT LOOKS LIKE A....

....shovel has hit it 

(what did you think it was gonna be you mucky buggers?) 

IMG_5395.JPG.e9bfad602ec5dd3259ed70158bfee96d.JPG

UP THE MOTHERFLIPPIN' OWLS!

WAWAW!

Didn't have the points for an Ipswich ticket so I aim to be first in the queue for the £20 Seth Bennett Wednesday Anthems CD. So I'll be at the Owl Shop with my Flask, Sausage Rolls and my Transistor Radio & head Phones living every kick of the ball on our way to the Play Offs.

COME ON WEDNESDAY, UTO, WAWAW !

306139_353545754759351_1847426599_n.jpg.39283601612a39c709507d1555012bc8.jpgNext seasons Kit Preview !

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Tough game today.  Our away for me has been better recently though!  Hoping for a win but think it will be 1-1. Hopefully Leeds lose or draw so it's irrelevant anyway!

Loving your OMDT Pauli as always , think Chuck Norris should have gone to Norfolk instead then  . Do the people ( farmers ) of Suffolk feel inferior to their nice , rich neighbours in Norfolk ? . On paper and going by our recent record this looks a tough one to win , but we are Sheffield Wednesday and we of the confidence , could be an epic win UTO come on boys do it !! .