Player of the Year

17 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Wallace was poor until the goal against Huddersfield, a game he was also poor in until that moment and then his season ignited and has been very good since then.

That's a great point. A bit like Hunt's inch perfect cross for Winnall, that seems to be a moment that boosted confidence by a massive amount.

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

That's a great point. A bit like Hunt's inch perfect cross for Winnall, that seems to be a moment that boosted confidence by a massive amount.

You make a great point too.

Most of the team have turned a corner in their own ways. 

Wallace for me too. He has scored some crackers (loved the one against Nirwich) and a decisive one at Wigan. 

He he just never gives the ball away even when surrounded by defenders, and his delivery has been more important in recent weeks. Always fancy him for a goal or special moment in the big games to come

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood is always superb but a team in our position shouldn't vote for a keeper as player of the season...looks weird.

Was going to be Hutch for me.  However, strangely our best run of the whole season has been without him in the side.

Lees and Loovens have been really consistent at centre half again but both have been injured for long parts of the season. Nando too has been influential but the same applies for him.

Will probably vote for Ross Wallace.  Scored a few goals again and is always involved in our good play.  Lots of assists and great crossing ability.  Plus he has character. Huddersfield away was one of the funniest things I've seen on a football field.

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Westwood is always superb but a team in our position shouldn't vote for a keeper as player of the season...looks weird.

Was going to be Hutch for me.  However, strangely our best run of the whole season has been without him in the side.

Lees and Loovens have been really consistent at centre half again but both have been injured for long parts of the season. Nando too has been influential but the same applies for him.

Will probably vote for Ross Wallace.  Scored a few goals again and is always involved in our good play.  Lots of assists and great crossing ability.  Plus he has character. Huddersfield away was one of the funniest things I've seen on a football field.

Agreed, Westwood has been brilliant but I wouldn't vote for him either based on our position.

My vote would go for Hutchinson because when he has played in either defence or midfield he has been outstanding and is an inspiration to his team mates, as well as getting the fans fired up.

Guest RocketOwl

Westwood has been player of the season for last 3 years. Never felt so secure going Into games with him in goal.

Even before we start the playoffs we have a great chance with him in goal.

Westwood feels wrong in a strong season.  Love him, but you hope your keeper is going to pull off some great saves.  More matches this season where on the balance of play we might have got a better result than ones where it's tilted our way.

Agree it's hard because so many of our players have had significant periods out.  Hutch I think for me, but can say the case for Wallace