Leeds vs. Norwich next Saturday

26 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yeah but if they win they only need to win at an already Relegated Wigan to Leave:-

Reading needing one point from two matches

Us needing two points from two matches

Huddersfield needing two points from three matches

Fulham needing three points from two matches

I am expecting Leeds to win their two matches and if they do I reckon they will sneak in. Somebody will mess up, especially with Fulham and us playing each other.

I just pray we can win at Ipswich because otherwise we are in for a very nervy last day.

These are my thoughts too.

I expect Leeds to get the win next week and the nature of the Ipswich side to cost us points. 

33 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Leeds have taken 4 points from the last 18. I'm not expecting anything of them in the next couple of weeks.

Strange things happen when teams are battling for titles/promotions/relegation.

Look at the way Wigan/Leicester have finished in recent seasons -and that's teams at the wrong end of the table.

look at how we have gone straight from no wins in 4 to winning 5 on the trot.

Leeds' recent form has been great for us, but it means nothing re the last 2 games.

46 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yeah but if they win they only need to win at an already Relegated Wigan to Leave:-

Fulham needing three points from two matches

Wigan could still mathematically make it. Win their last two and Brum and Blackburn lose theirs and they stay up.. ofc; I'm guessing Wigan's gone by next weekend... too many if's.

And which would we have if we were in a position to choose. Say we win v Ipswich and last game v Fulham doesn't matter. Would we rather beat Fulham and have Leeds replace them in the play offs, or would we want Fulham in the play offs... tough call, either a dangerous, in-form team or let the scum back in it.

Edited by northernerowl

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Strange things happen when teams are battling for titles/promotions/relegation.

Look at the way Wigan/Leicester have finished in recent seasons -and that's teams at the wrong end of the table.

look at how we have gone straight from no wins in 4 to winning 5 on the trot.

Leeds' recent form has been great for us, but it means nothing re the last 2 games.

Aye, we had the same form as Leeds (4 points out of 18) before going unbeaten in last six and winnning 5 of those.

1 minute ago, northernerowl said:

Wigan could still mathematically make it. Win their last two and Brum and Blackburn lose theirs and they stay up.. ofc; I'm guessing Wigan's gone by next weekend... too many if's.

Yep, 'Arry will get a spozzy draw at Villa today to keep Brum up, and be hailed as a miracle worker by Sky Sports News lol

Have to keep focusing on ourselves and no one else. 

We can wrap it up next weekend if we get the win. 

As for Leeds v Norwich...who knows. 

Norwich recently put Preston to the sword away from home and are not in bad form. Leeds have really let things slide in the last few weeks, but it's do or die for them next weekend. 

I still think we will need 2 points, so 2 draws or 1 win does it. Much rather do that against Ipswich - couldn't care less who gets through to the Play Offs as long as we do. There would be something in Leeds getting through rather than Fulham, can't see us losing against Leeds again if we played them.

25 minutes ago, northernerowl said:

And which would we have if we were in a position to choose. Say we win v Ipswich and last game v Fulham doesn't matter. Would we rather beat Fulham and have Leeds replace them in the play offs, or would we want Fulham in the play offs... tough call, either a dangerous, in-form team or let the scum back in it.

I think we just try and win every match and what will be will be.

Even if we win at Ipswich we could rest a lot of players but still put a forward 6 out of

McManaman

Lee (to get fitness)

Hutch (to get fitness)

Forestieri

Rhodes

Winnall

If League position were based on points gained in April the current table would read (even assuming Newcastle and Huddersfield win their two outstanding games). 
Wednesday
Fulham 
Brighton
Reading
Newcastle
Huddersfield
Leeds
Winning games always gives a team confidence. Just like losing them knocks confidence.  Leeds look like a beaten team and for them to reach the plays offs would require a virtual miracle. Huddersfield are fortunate they have their points cushion. They look pretty sure to reach the play offs but unlikely to get to the Final. Reading have stuttered a bit recently but will undoubtedly be in the play offs. They could get to the Final but only if they don't meet us or Fulham. I will be amazed if Wednesday and Fulham don't reach the play offs (and gutted if we don't). The likeliest end to the season is either Wednesday or Fulham winning the Play Off Final. Unless of course we meet each other in the Play offs. Guess we aren't going to have much of our finger nails left until the end of the season.

I think it helps having form coming in to the playoffs (why I'd be quite keen to get Reading) but its not the be-all and end-all. In 2005 we had a very sh!tty April before limping into the playoffs with a late away win at Hull. We then beat an in-form Brentford home and away in the semis. Similarly last season Hull dropped a lot of points towards the end of the season but raised their game for the first leg and final.

2 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I think it helps having form coming in to the playoffs (why I'd be quite keen to get Reading) but its not the be-all and end-all. In 2005 we had a very sh!tty April before limping into the playoffs with a late away win at Hull. We then beat an in-form Brentford home and away in the semis. Similarly last season Hull dropped a lot of points towards the end of the season but raised their game for the first leg and final.

Yep everything tends to reset when the playoffs start. If Fulham play hudds in the semi's I doubt they would win 4-1 away again. 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Called it in on Friday that Leeds would drop points at Burton yesterday. I also think they'll drop points at home to Norwich next week.

One trick pony are Leeds. And I'm afraid everyone now knows how their trick works.

Pity sasso didn't, we could have been home and dry !