Leeds vs. Norwich next Saturday

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

People seem to be writing Norwich's chances off against Leeds on fact we battered em 5-1, but I don't think Norwich are that bad. 

Beating Reading 7-1, Brighton 2-0 and a superb away win at Preston in recent weeks tells me they must have something about them. 

I actually think Irvine has been good for them.

They had the players and were great at home but terrible away.

A bit of Irvine pragmatism/cautiousness seems to have done the trick for them.

4 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

TBH I hope Leeds win and finish in the play offs over Fulham who are a team bang in form. 

Hoping Brentford do a job on them 

The fewer big, strong, well-organized teams we have to play against, the better. Losing in the play-offs would be grim, but it would be doubly grim were it to Leeds. Monk knows how to play us, whereas Fulham would play into our hands.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

People seem to be writing Norwich's chances off against Leeds on fact we battered em 5-1, but I don't think Norwich are that bad. 

Beating Reading 7-1, Brighton 2-0 and a superb away win at Preston in recent weeks tells me they must have something about them. 

Norwich, on paper, are a team which should have been going for automatic. They've had a shocking season when you look at the players they have. With Neil having got them promoted so recently, I thought that they'd be a real success this season. The Norwich fans I've spoken to are at a loss as to know why they done so badly. Let's hope they're coming good at the right time. I always said that Delia was a good cook... :stuwinky:

55 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Norwich, on paper, are a team which should have been going for automatic. They've had a shocking season when you look at the players they have. With Neil having got them promoted so recently, I thought that they'd be a real success this season. The Norwich fans I've spoken to are at a loss as to know why they done so badly. Let's hope they're coming good at the right time. I always said that Delia was a good cook... :stuwinky:

They have been too inconsistent and O'Neill clearly lost his way this term.

If they had made he change early and got someone half decent in they'd probably be up there.

if Irvine has a decent finish with them he may get the nod - penny for Norwich fans thoughts there...

3 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Wednesday's best chance is at Ipwich, especially if McCarthy sends out another "experimental" side as he did when losing to Rotherham yesterday.

However, Fulham can't be looking at their remaining two matches with much glee either. West London rivals, Brentford, have been a different side since Jota came back and an away game at one of their chief rivals who happen to have better recent form than them should have the Cottagers looking over their shoulder.

Cottagers usually do.

10 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

As long as we don't miss out I'm fairly sure either L**ds or Udders missing out will be very funny.

Personally I would wet misen with laughter if L**ds don't make it after all the poison they've been spitting this season. 

It would be even more embarassing for SKY given their Love-in with Weeds this season.:manager:

Epswech are the biggest threat to our promotion for me. If the top six finished as it is now, with no Leeds, then the only slight problem would be Reading as Stam employed spoiling tactics at Hillsborough, and clearly realizes that it's the best way to beat us. Fulham are a good side, but if they played against us as they did against 'Udders yesterday they'd be in big trouble with the forwards we have. 'Udders, too, will let us play. If Leeds fail to make the play-offs, we've got a good chance.

CC won't even be looking at anybody else, we're the most in form team in the league and we're playing a very average team next weekend whose season is already over, 3 points and its playoffs guaranteed which i'm sure we will get. Then final day of the season we can feel out Fulham who look a very serious threat with a rotated side. 

It's highly unlikely Reading will drop out as they're already 6 points ahead of Leeds with 2 games left (they also play Wigan [H], Saturday). Huddersfield sit 1 game behind everyone else and assuming they only pick up a draw vs Wolves midweek they will also be 6 points clear of Leeds with 2 left to play (Huddersfield then play Birmingham [A] on Saturday). I really can't see either of those two crumbling and going on to lose both of their final 2 games of the season (the only outcome that will allow either one to drop out the playoffs whilst also assuming Leeds win their final two games) so that just leaves the final 2 spots for us/Fulham or Leeds.

Fulham/Brentford is a local derby so it could go either way, i'm sure Brentford would love to ruin a rivals promotion chances, plus they're a good attacking side anyway so i'm sure that game will have plenty of goals.  But just like us Fulham won't want to go into the final game of the season needing a win to be 100% certain of playoffs, ultimately I think they'll beat Brentford and with their G/D even if Leeds beat Norwich it should leave them safe.

3-Reading

4-Huddersfield

5-SWFC

6-Fulham

9 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I just pray we can win at Ipswich because otherwise we are in for a very nervy last day.

Hate to be the harbinger of bad karma but we can expect nothing from Ipswich because:

A) we ant won 6 on the bounce since God were a lad

B) it's the Wednesday way to go right to the wire.

1 hour ago, Eck said:

Hate to be the harbinger of bad karma but we can expect nothing from Ipswich because:

A) we ant won 6 on the bounce since God were a lad

B) it's the Wednesday way to go right to the wire.

We had a cr@p record against Wolves, QPR and Derby this season and look what happened

Edited by Tankiano

Guys Ipswich is a difficult game but so was Derby. We've overcome that, were firing on all cylinders with a full deck now too. It's another winnable game and there's no reason why we can't keep moving forward. Positivity now is what's required from us all. 

12 hours ago, Stoop said:

I'd be suprised if Leeds don't win their two remaining games

Norwich are extremely poor away from home, and they'll crumble at a packed Elland Road. They also have Alan Irvine in charge which isn't going to help matters

They go to Wigan on the last day, and everyone beats Wigan

We still have work to do, but two draws at least shouldn't be beyond us

Who cares wot leeds do. Lets just go to ipswich, pick up the 3 points, and let everyone worry about us after we field a weakened side against fulham

Lots of talk on here last week about us and Fulham playing for a draw so we both make the top six. After yesterday this is no longer a possibility.

There is no combination of results i can see where we will both make the play-offs if we both need something from the game and assuming Leeds beat Norwich and us and Fulham fail to win our next games.