Leeds vs. Norwich next Saturday

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Everybody is saying Fulham are definitely in the play offs if they win next week.

I agree they almost certainly are but not definitely.

They have +27 goal difference, Leeds +14.

Would these results be impossible?

Fulham 2-1 Brentford

Leeds 5-0 Norwich

Wednesday 4-0 Fulham

Wigan 0-6Leeds

Leaving Leeds on +25 and Fulham on +24.

Yeah, on second thoughts it ain't happening lol

Not entirely impossible, but improbable.

Before Saturday, I was looking at Leeds' recent form and they had four goals in five games: a late equaliser at Newcastle, 3-0 vs Preston and three blanks. 

Even with Wood, they are struggling for goals, but he's always likely to nick one or two.

2 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Leeds have taken 4 points from the last 18. I'm not expecting anything of them in the next couple of weeks.

Norwich and Wigan are very winnable games.  Leeds will sneak in.

Can see Huddersfield losing to both Brentford and Brum though..

IMO they will miss out - last day heartbreak.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Wednesday's best chance is at Ipwich, especially if McCarthy sends out another "experimental" side as he did when losing to Rotherham yesterday.

However, Fulham can't be looking at their remaining two matches with much glee either. West London rivals, Brentford, have been a different side since Jota came back and an away game at one of their chief rivals who happen to have better recent form than them should have the Cottagers looking over their shoulder.

18 minutes ago, raljex said:

Colin would probably let them win if it were to be at our expense.

Possibly but a risky tactic - he may hate us but he's a proud manager old school manager who hates losing 

Being a Blunt he probabaly doesn't hold the Terriers in any great esteem either.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

I think it's the fact that both we and Fulham won yesterday which will have delivered a huge psychological blow. That said, our next game is probably the most difficult of the run-in. If you wanted to manufacture the type of team we struggle against, then Ipswich wouldn't be a bad effort. And away from home against a manager with South Yorkshire connections whom we've never beaten in 14 attempts. We've laid a few ghosts to rest recently, but this will be the most difficult.

16 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think it's the fact that both we and Fulham won yesterday which will have delivered a huge psychological blow. That said, our next game is probably the most difficult of the run-in. If you wanted to manufacture the type of team we struggle against, then Ipswich wouldn't be a bad effort. And away from home against a manager with South Yorkshire connections whom we've never beaten in 14 attempts. We've laid a few ghosts to rest recently, but this will be the most difficult.

We have proved against the last 3 opponents that we arent afraid to play teams we may have usually struggled against before. 

Ipswich will be more worried about us than we will be about them.

58 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Possibly but a risky tactic - he may hate us but he's a proud manager old school manager who hates losing 

Being a Blunt he probabaly doesn't hold the Terriers in any great esteem either.

He managed them for about three years.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

We have proved against the last 3 opponents that we arent afraid to play teams we may have usually struggled against before. 

Ipswich will be more worried about us than we will be about them.

If we win, it will probably be the best result of the season.

People seem to be writing Norwich's chances off against Leeds on fact we battered em 5-1, but I don't think Norwich are that bad. 

Beating Reading 7-1, Brighton 2-0 and a superb away win at Preston in recent weeks tells me they must have something about them.