Anyone who said Semedo wasn't worth a contract...

5 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

He can do a job when called upon.  Keeps himself in top shape when not playing, is a positive presence in the squad.

Carlos got it 100% right giving him a contract.

I've said before in other  threads over the last couple of seasons, he's not the force he was but what a brilliant influence to have around

and when you need an enforcer on the pitch he's always available and a 100% performer  -you wouldn't mess with him 

1 hour ago, Corneliusreeve said:

He upset Ritchie big style on a couple of occasions,  which ended up with Ritchie coming of don't know what happened,  did anyone else notice. 

Ritchie was constantly moaning at the ref about our Jose. 

Ritchie got upset because he never got past Semedo.

The fact that 25,000 Wednesdayites tried to warn him what was coming made it all the more embarrassing for the poor lad.

I thought he was immense. A few great tackles and as daft as it sounds some great clearances too - some of our players still don't know how to just hoof it away when needed, opting instead for dinked balls that cause trouble - Semedo doesn't have this problem.

15 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The same jones who was one of the best players on the field? 

Take your Jose tinted specs off for a second and re think it 

Jones was excellent yesterday. Semedo was solid when he came on but to say he is a better option than Jones one might want to take ones Jose tinted glasses off.

8 minutes ago, Oliver Read said:

Was it just me who screamed 'CRACK IT' when he picked the ball up on the edge of the box? lol

well I shouted 'HIT IT'  which makes a change from HIT HIM :biggrin: you gotta love Semedo

2 hours ago, Corneliusreeve said:

He upset Ritchie big style on a couple of occasions,  which ended up with Ritchie coming of don't know what happened,  did anyone else notice. 

Ritchie was constantly moaning at the ref about our Jose. 

Richie complained to the ref that Semedo went down his calf and told the ref to efffing watch Semedo closely.