If Carlos gets sacked in the morning...

I think Carlos is fantastic, I love him in an interview and such, and the way he talks, but the sad reality is that he isn't getting enough out of this set of players - If the idea is to give him until the end of the season and then change, you might as well roll the dice now and put in one last push for the playoffs.

Its a shame, because I like the philosophy that Carlos has, but there needs to be more, a team needs to have fight, and we seem to lack that. We seem to lack the ability to feed the attackers in a way that most attackers thrive on.

The team seems to have lost drive and confidence - At that point, clubs generally opt for changing the manager because its cheaper than replacing the whole team

22 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

They're as thick as thieves, up the Owls, if Carlos goes I'd be devastated. He is the guy to take us forward long term.

Look at our injuries ffs. If certain players were available last 10 games 

Be careful what you wish for. 

DSC_1519.JPG

I don't wish for what I'm seeing on the pitch.

Carlos has 8 games to sort this mess out or he's gone.

I'd be sad, and I don't think many Owls fans wouldn't be. That's because Carlos is a likeable bloke. But he is very well paid for being likeable, after all. Basically, Carlos was new to this country last season, and we'd got a lot of new players. So we were an unknown quantity. We assumed that this season would be a continuation of last season. We'd add more quality to the areas where we needed it, and we'd push on. But it hasn't happened. Opponents have sussed us out, and Carlos can't respond. That's why good players look mediocre. Other managers negate them, and Carlos can't overcome what opposing managers are doing to us. What really sickens me is that we have the playing staff to go up this season, when you look at the other play-off teams. If the play-offs were full of parachute clubs then it wouldn't be so bad, as I'd always make them favourites over us. But this time it ain't like that...and what could make matters ten times worse is if Leeds capitalize on it, a la Cantona.

5 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

I think Carlos is fantastic, I love him in an interview and such, and the way he talks, but the sad reality is that he isn't getting enough out of this set of players - If the idea is to give him until the end of the season and then change, you might as well roll the dice now and put in one last push for the playoffs.

Its a shame, because I like the philosophy that Carlos has, but there needs to be more, a team needs to have fight, and we seem to lack that. We seem to lack the ability to feed the attackers in a way that most attackers thrive on.

The team seems to have lost drive and confidence - At that point, clubs generally opt for changing the manager because its cheaper than replacing the whole team

"The attackers"..missed a hatful of chances tonight...a hatful of chances against both Burton and Brentford..They aren't immune from criticism...

10 minutes ago, Holmes said:

A new focus what's that supposed to mean?  Heard in on Sky?  Who's the new man going to be?  You don't have any answer's do you?

Am I responsible for picking the next manager now or are you trying to undermine my dissent? 

Are you happy with the dross served up after all the outlay by the fans and the chairman? 

I am hoping for a bit more to be honest.

Edited by Gonzoman
Spelling

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

"The attackers"..missed a hatful of chances tonight...a hatful of chances against both Burton and Brentford..They aren't immune from criticism...

True...but the manager stands by the same, week in, week out. They,have been missing chances all season. You can see it...we all can see it. Carlos still picks them, rather than giving someone else a shot. If after 30 games, you've got one of the worst away scoring records in the league, then you question why.....not just try the same old crap. Carlos is clueless... nice fella... no idea.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 minute ago, Gonzoman said:

Am I responsible for picking the next manager now or are you trying to undermine my dissent? 

Are you happy with the dross served up after all the outlay by the fans and the chairman? 

I am hoping for a bit more to be honest.

As I thought all mouth, pathetic try engaging brain before posting.

Needs to be done.  This team can play so much better.

Would be the first time since Alan Irvine that I wouldn't feel sad about our manager going.

Don't get me wrong, I like him as a person and think he comes across well in interviews, but some of the games I've watched this season have been dire to the point where I think I'd rather go to the local park and stare at dog sh#t than watch what we are serving up.

42 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Aren't we now supposed to have strength in depth?? Wasn't that going to be one of the advantages we had over the competition as we entered the last few months of the season?

Strength in depth is ok for players to come on as a sub but the players we have out at the min are very hard to replace. 

The times we hear prem teams not doing well cos of a main player out yet we got 5 out. Ffs

Sad yes, hes a decent guy and gave great memories last season.

Surprised no, the team doesn't look half of what it did last year, looks like it needs someone to come in install some confidence and wake the squad up, someone dare I say like Pearson.

Whilst we all feel Chansiri has us stable and isn't a Cellino sacking type i think it could be announced this week that Carlos has gone.

It's a results and entertainment business and Carlos has a history of not lasting wherever he's been.Could it be he has an instant impact and it works but then questions himself and it unravels in all those jobs?.

He's a great guy and hope he can turn it around, he has been hit with a load of injuries but that team he put out tonight had more than enough quality to beat Reading who've been struggling away from home.This week could decide the direction of the club for the next couple of years.

2 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Would you be sad or surprised?

For me

Sad- yes

Surprised- not in the slightest

Good post, not setting your stall out so we can have a good debate.

I'd be slightly nostalgic, more so because last season was such a pleasant surprise. However, I'm of the belief that whomever we had as manager would have achieved at least what Carlos did and certainly better than the previous 15 years because that was to be frank, depressing.

It was only exceptional because of the new money and new players we had, not so much the manager, Stuart Gray would probably have done just as much,

I look at out squad now and think, Christ, I wouldn't mind having a go with that on Football Manager - even if I haven't a clue what I'm doing on a games console.

I can't accept the people asking me to give Carlos some slack and saying we would kill for this league place we are in now because I think there are at least 12 managers in this league that could have achieved more. I hate to say it but if Garry Monk had managed Wednesday in stead of Leeds this season we would be challenging the Automatics. We will be lucky to be competing with them in the play-offs as it stands and if we do I will be fearful

I

It was fun at first. Our first foreign manager with his Iberian swagger and an ehtos of how to play the beautiful game. 

He even wrote a book about it and was recommended by none other than the self proclaimed special one himself. 

We were 90 minutes away from the promised land until Mo said No. 

Fast forward to the present day and the inconvenient truth for many of us is that we just aren't as good as last season despite the same points and position. That may sound daft to many but look at it really. The goals are down, the clean sheets are down, the free flowing attacking football is all but gone bar the odd and few and far between performance. 

Only Newcastle in the top 6 have spent more than us and yet we have lost more games than the whole of last season. Teams have set up differently against us cry Carlos and some of the players.

Well of course they have that's what scouting the opposites is all about Carlos but your job and the teams job is to find a way to beat the Burton Albion and their 10 man defence and a Reading side that knew they had the game won at 0-1 as they could sit back. Yes Al Habsi was his usual annoying self but it took to nearly the 85th minute to test him second half. 

It should have been you Carlos, we wanted it to be you Carlos but I fear it won't be you Carlos. Sad to say this and of course it's not over but I can't see us hitting the form required to go up. 

Sorry for the long post. 

18 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Whilst we all feel Chansiri has us stable and isn't a Cellino sacking type i think it could be announced this week that Carlos has gone.

It's a results and entertainment business and Carlos has a history of not lasting wherever he's been.Could it be he has an instant impact and it works but then questions himself and it unravels in all those jobs?.

He's a great guy and hope he can turn it around, he has been hit with a load of injuries but that team he put out tonight had more than enough quality to beat Reading who've been struggling away from home.This week could decide the direction of the club for the next couple of years.

Sack him and the future is uncertain, keep him and we are consistent but the future is still as uncertain. Time for a gamble