Wednesday v's Newcastle game on Sky

14 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

#%¥€@&!!!!

F***ing inconsiderate tw@ts at Sky of course don't give a t0ss about the fact that fans travelling down from Newcastle (i.e. me, multiple other wednesdayites and 5000 Geordies) will now no longer be able to get home without massive amounts of faffing about - the last direct train from Sheffield leaves at 18:21, which of course would have been fine with a proper kick off time. I live half an hour north of Newcastle so getting home will be even more of a ballache, I'll probably have to beg a mate living in Newcastle to let me stay over.

I'm so glad I don't pay the b******* at Sky Sports a single penny anymore.

if you did you'd be home by 730....

15 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

#%¥€@&!!!!

F***ing inconsiderate tw@ts at Sky of course don't give a t0ss about the fact that fans travelling down from Newcastle (i.e. me, multiple other wednesdayites and 5000 Geordies) will now no longer be able to get home without massive amounts of faffing about - the last direct train from Sheffield leaves at 18:21, which of course would have been fine with a proper kick off time. I live half an hour north of Newcastle so getting home will be even more of a ballache, I'll probably have to beg a mate living in Newcastle to let me stay over.

I'm so glad I don't pay the b******* at Sky Sports a single penny anymore.

Don't want to be pedantic, but doesn't your username imply that you ----------!

Mentioning the club and how much they gain, anyone ever thought to compare the annual cost of Sky v buying a Season Ticket. We grumble about the cost of a ST, which actually gives us a minimum of 23 games, yet the cost of a Sky Sports bundle, which only gives you access to a few Wed games, is what?

19 hours ago, eddie1973 said:

Youve been unlucky with the fact that there's engineering on that weekend. Normally the last train is a good bit later than 1821.

Should say I do agree that Sky do not care one iota for fans, or consider how a kick-off time may affect travel arrangements etc.

Yes, I'm used to getting the 19:21 from Sheffield on Saturdays after home games. That said, it still wouldn't really help as getting from Hillsborough to the station in around 2 minutes would be quite some achievement :biggrin:

23 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Typical!!!!

Bought my flights last week

At least it should be easier to get a decent ticket

Same here, but as we're staying the night it won't bu**er us up too much. I was dreading it being changed to Friday or Sunday 

I have a lot of sympathy with season ticket holders when kick offs are changed.

But The needs of the many should be in preference to the needs of the few. thousands more fans of both clubs will get to see this game now.

Varying kick off times is not going to go away unless we go backwards as a club. 

Personally I love watching live sport on TV.  

Edited by Geedee

18 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Mentioning the club and how much they gain, anyone ever thought to compare the annual cost of Sky v buying a Season Ticket. We grumble about the cost of a ST, which actually gives us a minimum of 23 games, yet the cost of a Sky Sports bundle, which only gives you access to a few Wed games, is what?

If you're only interested in the Wednesday games, you can just buy a Now TV sports pass, which cost £7 for each game.