Hutch - 9 yellows

4 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

We've a decent record against them in recent years...

The Owls have won four and lost none of their last seven league games against Brentford (D3).
Brentford are winless in their last three trips to Hillsborough in league competition (D1 L2), failing to score in each game.
Sheffield Wednesday have won four consecutive league games for the first time this season; they last won five in a row in April 2007.
Brentford have lost their last three away league games; they've not suffered four consecutive defeats since March 2016 - a run which included the Owls.
Keiren Westwood has kept a clean sheet in five of his last six league games at Hillsborough for Sheffield Wednesday.

Maybe so but prior to the 7 they did the double over us. The match I referred to we were 1st, they were 22nd

http://www.11v11.com/matches/brentford-v-sheffield-wednesday-05-september-2010-290327/

No easy games

2 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Maybe so but prior to the 7 they did the double over us. The match I referred to we were 1st, they were 22nd

http://www.11v11.com/matches/brentford-v-sheffield-wednesday-05-september-2010-290327/

No easy games

7 years ago...in League One! My god, look at that midfield.

lol

True though, no easy games in the Champ.

1 hour ago, coreyswfc said:

I disagree, tonight's game is more important. If we win it puts us 3 points above Leeds allowing for a slip up on Saturday.

A win tonight and a point at Leeds would be a good return imo, or we could get them the other way round knowing us.

1 hour ago, coreyswfc said:

I disagree, tonight's game is more important. If we win it puts us 3 points above Leeds allowing for a slip up on Saturday.

This. Win your home games and get what you can away from home. Do this for the remainder of the season and we'll finish above Leeds regardless of what happens on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No gimmees in Champ. Can remember going down there (was on Sky) We were on unbeaten run, they were on a losing run. We lost

Agree, we have to approach every game with the same attitude whether playing top or bottom, its a tough league with no prisoners taken.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would rest him tonight, we should have enough to beat Brentford without him I hope, Leeds will be a much tougher game you would think so more important Hutch plays in that. 

Also Jones plays slightly more forward than a Hutch, which at home against Brentford is better than sitting a third CB.

Bannan and Abdi both start for me tonight in the middle. You haven't got to kick players in the air to be classed as a defensive midfielder (although I love seeing Hutch do it) We had Lopez and Bannan/Lee towards the end of last season, which saw us play some of our best stuff

So who are we playing tonight ? That's right Brentford, So this is the most important game of our season so far. Let's win it ! Once we have got it out of the way the next game, which just happens to be Leeds becomes the most important game of the season.

To deal with stuff down the road while ignoring the nose on your face is a sure recipe for disaster.:manager: Para lidar com coisas na estrada, ignorando o nariz em seu rosto é uma receita certa para o desastre

Not really about Hutch but reassuring that a lot of people see tonight as more important than Saturday in real terms. To win tonight gets us somewhere solid. Theres the pig type of factor in the mix for Saturday so it will be a hot one....summat mad might happen. UTO.

5 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd tend to agree with you.

Full strength tonight, for me.

However, I think we could see CC make a couple of changes.

Personally I think he'll make the customary 3 or 4 changes tonight? I don't think he'll play the same 11 continually (injuries and suspensions permitting) until 8 games from the end?