Hutch - 9 yellows

6 hours ago, coreyswfc said:

I disagree, tonight's game is more important. If we win it puts us 3 points above Leeds allowing for a slip up on Saturday.

How've you figured that out? 

If we lose today but win on Saturday, we go above Leeds

If we win today but lose on Saturday, Leeds stay above us (providing there aren't any too crazy scores)

Seems a bit of denial to say that 15th placed Brentford on a Tuesday is a more important game than 5th placed Leeds on a Saturday... but that's just me

7 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

If he features and gets booked tonight, he misses the Leeds match.

Personally, I'd have Jones in tonight and save Hutch for Saturday.

I agree. No need to risk him tonight . Jones is more than capable of doing the holding role. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

How've you figured that out? 

If we lose today but win on Saturday, we go above Leeds

If we win today but lose on Saturday, Leeds stay above us (providing there aren't any too crazy scores)

Seems a bit of denial to say that 15th placed Brentford on a Tuesday is a more important game than 5th placed Leeds on a Saturday... but that's just me

Because Brentford is a home game and they are mid-table, so in theory it is an easier game than Leeds.

Win your home games, pick up what you can away. Full focus and priority has to be the home game.

Lose or draw tonight puts more pressure on beating a good team away from home.

Not forgetting what impact us jumping above Leeds and going 3 points clear will have on them mentally (and us of course).

A draw at Elland Road would be a good point, anything less than 3 points at home tonight will be below par.

All why tonight is more important than Saturday IMO.

7 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Leeds game is MASSIVE for many different reasons...

Hutch must play via leeds it could get tasty 

A win tonight and beat the scum we are 6 points clear of 6th ? If reading draw tonight we go fourth on goal difference WOW exciting times I know 1 game at a time but come on this is on we have a real chance to cement our place come on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

Here here pal uto!!! 

8 hours ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

A win tonight and beat the scum we are 6 points clear of 6th ? If reading draw tonight we go fourth on goal difference WOW exciting times I know 1 game at a time but come on this is on we have a real chance to cement our place come on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

If Wednesday win, they go fourth no matter what the result of Reading/Huddersfield is

10 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No gimmees in Champ. Can remember going down there (was on Sky) We were on unbeaten run, they were on a losing run. We lost

10 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

We've a decent record against them in recent years...

The Owls have won four and lost none of their last seven league games against Brentford (D3).
Brentford are winless in their last three trips to Hillsborough in league competition (D1 L2), failing to score in each game.
Sheffield Wednesday have won four consecutive league games for the first time this season; they last won five in a row in April 2007.
Brentford have lost their last three away league games; they've not suffered four consecutive defeats since March 2016 - a run which included the Owls.
Keiren Westwood has kept a clean sheet in five of his last six league games at Hillsborough for Sheffield Wednesday.

10 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Maybe so but prior to the 7 they did the double over us. The match I referred to we were 1st, they were 22nd

http://www.11v11.com/matches/brentford-v-sheffield-wednesday-05-september-2010-290327/

No easy games

Cough.