The Owls vs Blackburn. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, darklord said:

Off for a day trip to Scarborough with the Mrs before cooking a romantic meal with a cheeky bottle or two of vino.

Then once I've slipped her one I'll be able to have a sneaky check of the snow while she's tired post coitus. lol

Snow?? I've heard its off

Brilliant OMDT. Laughed at the caveman and the Styrofoam cup with a tab end in it. It has to be three points tonight. Can't afford to drop points to teams like Blackburn (although we did it with abandon last season). Might be a tighter game than we hope for - 2.1 to us. UTO.

Quality omdt as ever t'was. Fish heresy & a 'member' of the cucumber family are today's random features to behold.

Despite their reluctance to take the bus to Darwen, all Blackburn fans are still bussed into Burnley when they play each other. Brave travellers indeed.

I can see nothing other than the mighty Owls rogering BRFC into next week, with the high energies, absolutely sure.

Another 3-0.

:manager:

Great OMDT Pauli, not sure about the giant gherkin, is it loosely connected to Valentines Day? Phnar, phnar! that photo of floodlit Hillsborough takes me back to my first ever match v Man Ure in 1967? 2-2 draw, 50,000+ in the ground. That view as you walked down Herries Road was magical at night matches, think it was because the ground just came into view as you rounded a bend and the illuminated sign always looked just right. We should still have something like it now on the cladding at the back of the Kop,but it should probably say "We Are Sheffield Wednesday" or "This is Sheffield Wednesday" . Can we have a whip round and raise the money for a new sign with them there new fangled LED's, be reight cheap to run. Tonight Blackburn's ropey defence will be breached several times by Jordan, 'Winnall takes it all', mardy pants and Sam... so 4-0 will be about reight.

As ever, Pauli.

Another 3 pts tonight!

Going to stick my neck right out and say that CC has got his timings spot on this season and we are coming good at exactly the right time! (Hope no egg on face to come!)

Come on you pale blue and white pinstripe wizards!

9 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Morning owls chums!  Great OMDT Pauli.

Sending you this from rainy Sydney where I am stationed this week.  For the evening games it's better than Singapore as 13 hours ahead so can listen on player (12.5 hours ahead!) tmw morning before work.

Got a good feeling about this one.  Good opp to play CM and AA from the start, see what they can do.

UTMO!!

Sweet, 13hrs ahead? That gives me loads of time to get to the betting shop. Can you PM me the score and first goal by 4pm? Ta duck x

:manager:

I have a theory that Carlos has been scanning Owlstalk of late and is aware of the odd rumblings of discontent.

Therefore he has seemed to give a few explanations regarding our current way of playing during his post match interviews on Sky.

If I'm not mistaken I can say the following

We are Sheffield Wednesday and we will have a reight good feight for all 3 points

We will not be hopening up the team

We will be locking all the doors and windows and not opening for anyone

We now have sh*tloads of meat to throw on the fire(If Nando hasn't pinched all the steaks for his barbie at the weekend)

And all this will result in us giving Blackburn a right seeing to (1-0) of this I am certain.

Apologies to Carlos,I only wish I could speak so eloquently in a foreign tongue