We're On Our Way

1 minute ago, iliveinthenow said:

Everton havent been relegated since the 1930's, so it wont be them.

There is a youtube video of Sunderland singing it.

We will have to change the lyrics or come up with another song when we do go up!

Oops wrong song. 'Carlos had a dream' was sung by Everton I think 

2 minutes ago, iliveinthenow said:

We will have to change the lyrics or come up with another song when we do go up!

Leicester sing to the Champions League. That'll keep us going until we win it in 2019.

Don't care what anyone says. It flips me off.

There are times when clubs genuinely share songs like 'Silver Lining' us and Wolves. I have no problem with that.

I do have a problem with clubs like Derby virtually copying every song we sing.

Football is largely about atmosphere and fan participation, songs create an identity, I don't want to be playing a club that sounds exactly the same as us.

As for 'We're on our Way" there is no question of a doubt that it was Wednesday that made that song as popular as it is today, along with the Bannan song. No question.

I have no problem with that band playing at Hillsborough, but if they are literally going to go to England and L**DS Rhino matches and play the same songs then they should be banned from playing at Hillsborough.

It's more than annoying.

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Don't care what anyone says. It flips me off.

There are times when clubs genuinely share songs like 'Silver Lining' us and Wolves. I have no problem with that.

I do have a problem with clubs like Derby virtually copying every song we sing.

Football is largely about atmosphere and fan participation, songs create an identity, I don't want to be playing a club that sounds exactly the same as us.

As for 'We're on our Way" there is no question of a doubt that it was Wednesday that made that song as popular as it is today, along with the Bannan song. No question.

I have no problem with that band playing at Hillsborough, but if they are literally going to go to England and L**DS Rhino matches and play the same songs then they should be banned from playing at Hillsborough.

It's more than annoying.

To be fair we stole the Bannan song from West Ham's Payet effort.

17 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Howay 

17 hours ago, iliveinthenow said:

All I know is that the song is from Paint My Wagon and Sunderland were early adapters.

18 hours ago, owls about that said:

Which club claims to have started the song/chant, as everyone who has aspirations of promotion are singing it.

2 minutes ago, Soul Power said:

Your'e correct apart from the fact it was a proper feeble effort. No team has sung it with as much passion ss we did last season.

People were mightily impressed with 40,000 Wednesdayites blasting it out at Wembley.  it was spine tingling taking part but when I saw it on TV later it was a great sight. 

The set of fans I hate the most are those that create a plastic atmosphere by copying every football song going and thinking that quantity is better than quality. 

I'm talking about teams like Derby (main culprits), Palace, Watford, Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth etc. Those that think making their way through a hymn book of 100 chants every 90 minutes makes a good atmosphere.

Much prefer the creative and original atmospheres by fans of Man U, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa etc. I'd put our away support in this bracket but our home support relies on the beat of a chuffin brass band which makes me cringe with embarrassment.