Adam Reach

2 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

You've clearly decided about him to the point you don't even see him finding players, driving through midfield, playing the balls down the channels and having a fairly good game. We're obviously not going to convince you

Driving through the midfield? with what a tractor?

Balls down the channels?

Not in the attacking third though is it?

Apart from the goal against PNE and 1 good cross and 1 shot on target at Brighton, I haven't seen him do anything of note in the final third!

Looked fine to me until switched to right mid then lost his game,

not his fault, should never have been there, macca should

have been on right when he came on, mistake was recognised too late.

Could do a job left mid, centre mid or left back if needed, very versatile and

energetic, just need pace and flair on other flank to score and create

and give midfield balance imo

Technically very very good. Always willing to receive the ball. High quality footballer, just a shame other players around him not as good. Bannan has been abject for most of this season yet because he chases a back pass to the keeper league like a greyhound once a match most fans love him.

10 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's be right- nobody did a great deal in the attacking third. His overall contribution was good. As had been said, gets through a hell of a lot of work in both halves- even on both sides of the pitch. 

Time me will tell, but I have a feeling there'll be a bit more positivity about Reach over the next few months.

Sorry, not allowed on owlstalk.

38 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Had him down as man of the match. First half was excellent. Good cover for his full back, kept possession in midfield, won headers, got the ball into good areas.

Second half was more workmanlike but his positioning was excellent and as usual he coped very well with being moved to the right wing and then to left back.

Well played Adam Reach

Not a winger though is he?

27 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Very effective. Covers lots of ground. Gets us up the pitch. Can deliver a good ball. Picks up good positions.

occasionally sloppy in possession.

Improving.

Completely agree. He's got a terrific engine and seems to have a good attitude. Just lacking that bit of composure and quality at the moment, but still worth his place in the team.  Could easily why CC might use him in LB with either FF or Mac at LW.

Looks like we have nominated Reach as the new Nuhiu.

There are those who can't stand him and those who think he is a good player (Ok , not exactly Atdhe but you get my drift)

Personally I like Reach, he works hard, plays some decent passes and covers his fullback. I'd like to see more of Reach and Fox as a left side pairing.

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

Not a winger though is he?

We don't play with wingers though do we. Jones/Hutch drop back to be a central 3rd CB in possession, full backs go wide and our "Wingers" tuck in and run the channels. It's like the main thing we've been doing since Loovens got fit freeing up Hutch to play that way. It's our main way of playing.

If we play a formation where the wide midfielders are actually played as wingers he may well turn out to be a very good one

Just now, Sultan_Pepper said:

We don't play with wingers though do we. Jones/Hutch drop back to be a central 3rd CB in possession, full backs go wide and our "Wingers" tuck in and run the channels. It's like the main thing we've been doing since Loovens got fit freeing up Hutch to play that way. It's our main way of playing.

If we play a formation where the wide midfielders are actually played as wingers he may well turn out to be a very good one

Tuck in and run the channels? I don't understand that phraseology but I understand what you are getting at.

I wasn't doing reach down... I'm simply saying you have to accept that reach is not direct, won't beat a man and more often than not (waiting for the rebuttal of this) doesn't whip in crosses from the byline. It's not his game and never has been.

I personally didn't think he had a good game and feel he is much better suited to playing full back with an attacking ethos; in line with the tactics you discuss. Anyway just my ten penneth.

Play reach lb with ft wide left of a 3 behind a front 1 or 2 depending on who/where playing. Other 2 would be abdi and mcmanaman. If 1 upfront would be 2 dm's if only 1 dm required would have 2 upfront. Dms would be Sam plus 1 of either bannan or jones nod upfront Rhodes and if 2 either winnall or hooper.

2 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Play reach lb with ft wide left of a 3 behind a front 1 or 2 depending on who/where playing. Other 2 would be abdi and mcmanaman. If 1 upfront would be 2 dm's if only 1 dm required would have 2 upfront. Dms would be Sam plus 1 of either bannan or jones nod upfront Rhodes and if 2 either winnall or hooper.

I'm sure that makes perfect sense to someone.  I'll try Google translate.

No, that didn't work either.