Adam Reach

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

He's had 6 months now, and he looks like a 250k lower half championship player.

Weak, no pace, can't run, can't tackle  gives the ball away.

I reckon you're watching a different player to me. Wins the ball in midfield a lot, breaks well and sets up a lot of our good play.

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

He's had 6 months now, and he looks like a 250k lower half championship player.

Weak, no pace, can't run, can't tackle  gives the ball away.

Completely agree.

The one time that he actually got himself into a decent position with a bit of time on the ball he floated the weakest, aimless cross into the box that was easily gobbled up by the defender. 

I haven't seen any positive attribute with this lad unfortunately. People may disagree...

Edited by ramone

13 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Had him down as man of the match. First half was excellent. Good cover for his full back, kept possession in midfield, won headers, got the ball into good areas.

Second half was more workmanlike but his positioning was excellent and as usual he coped very well with being moved to the right wing and then to left back.

Well played Adam Reach

You must be on a wind up.

7 minutes ago, paul92vr6 said:

You must be on a wind up.

Nope. I just watch football with an open mind instead of making my mind up based on a price tag and some bizarre level of expectation.

He's a consistent player who covers half the pitch for us.

Left side of midfield, covering his full back and he's the player that makes the diagonal run to the right wing for the long ball to the channel. Got us the goal at Bristol doing exactly that and made the same run tonight that started the series of corners we got.

We didn't have one cross come in from our left side today despite you all hating Pudil too so they must be doing something right

I get it, a lot of you don't like the less flashy style of Reach and Wallace on the wing but our quite outstanding defensive record has a lot to do with them, Wallace is starting to get in the goals and Reach is starting to show some good touches.

We're not playing well but he's a long long way from the bottom of the list and if people supported him instead of jeering every chance they get you might start to see one of our most promising players in years starting to develop.

I hope we start playing with a bit more flair and zip and the football gets a damn sight better but without Hooper linking play we've had what we've had and Reach has contributed well to our points total.

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

8 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I reckon you're watching a different player to me. Wins the ball in midfield a lot, breaks well and sets up a lot of our good play.

I'm watching the same player as you. He does seem to have one or two moments per game when he loses concentration, but he's still young. His versatility is going to be important too, as it was today when Pudil had to go off.

i think he's going to be a big player for us for the rest of the season. Am I right in thinking he's played in every game since he joined?

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Very effective. Covers lots of ground. Gets us up the pitch. Can deliver a good ball. Picks up good positions.

occasionally sloppy in possession.

Improving.

Did none of that first sentence tonight and the second sentence a lot!

Name one good thing he did tonight in the attacking third?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm watching the same player as you. He does seem to have one or two moments per game when he loses concentration, but he's still young. His versatility is going to be important too, as it was today when Pudil had to go off.

i think he's going to be a big player for us for the rest of the season. Am I right in thinking he's played in every game since he joined?

Yeah I think he has and that second half switch has me thinking we might see him on the right more with FF on the left to fit in two recognised strikers. Macmaman as an impact sub

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

You've clearly decided about him to the point you don't even see him finding players, driving through midfield, playing the balls down the channels and having a fairly good game. We're obviously not going to convince you

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Let's be right- nobody did a great deal in the attacking third. His overall contribution was good. As had been said, gets through a hell of a lot of work in both halves- even on both sides of the pitch. 

Time me will tell, but I have a feeling there'll be a bit more positivity about Reach over the next few months.