Are we hated - If so why ?

I've lived and worked all over the country and the world , and to be fair I've never heard one bad word said against us a club.

Usual comments are/ were decent side with good supporters and it's a pity you've dropped Down the leagues. 

13 minutes ago, Owl_in_Hudds said:

According to Huddersfield fans on their board we have been 'spending money for years' and they are above us and we're arrogant etc, do they not realise we've been skint for 15+ years ?

Think it's probably jealousy from the smaller regional clubs to be honest.

They still believe they're on their unbeaten streak don't they?

6 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

I don't think Leeds hate us at all. 

Leeds fans are delusional granted, but if you asked them to do a poll of their 5 most hated teams , I doubt we'd feature. 

They're similar to us, In how we brush off smaller local clubs as jealous etc... They view us the same in my experience.

Think events of last few years have brought a definite edge to things. Obviously their natural rivals are with Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Football fans say hate but it's not really and if it is they need to get a life. Wednesday fans 'hate' United fans but many of us work with them and they are all right, my best mate was a pig. I love taking the p when they lost, we never agreed on football but we were still best mates. Barnsley fans hate Wednesday fans (maybe with reason at the moment) but they still work with them. I don't like united as a club, I think some of their fans are awful but not all of them, some are decent blokes.

Other than that there's the local rivalry, we've been rubbish for years but we are still a big club compared to Rotherham, Chesterfield, Barnsley etc. They've been able to compete with us these last few years and believe they are our competitors, we aren't much bothered about them, they are just another team to us.

It gives them ideas above their station when they play us and it's like a cup final to them, to us it's just another 3 points to win or lose. They 'hate' be cause we will leave them behind at some stage, they won't ever make it to the Premiership, we might.

We have the same sort of views of Premiership clubs, local rivals from Manchester, I bet they don't really consider us rivals now but if we get promoted we would love to beat them, they wouldn't be that fussed, they'd rather beat Liverpool etc. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd not thought about that aspect.

I presume having seen some recent things people have copied and pasted onto here that there is lots of abuse flying around between fans under the guise of 'banter'.

That's the modern era for you. The more toxic views that idiots hold are the 1% that use twitter to shoot their mouths off. 

A lot of the answer to this question actually lies in another thread, "Bitter on Tap". There is a link to Huddersfield forum so we can all laugh at them when in reality, having just read about 15 pages, all that's going on is a few of their fans doing exactly what we do after losing. They are moaning about the ref, generally saying that they thought they outplayed us first half but we were too good second half, saying we've spent more etc etc until some of our 'representatives' go in there just to wind them up.

To be honest, it's all pretty embarrassing. It goes on everywhere I know but it always seems to be our fans least capable of stringing a coherent sentence together who feel the need to post on other clubs forums after a win.

14 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The Manchester United of South Yorkshire.

Just saying this will wee wee off loads of clubs 

This. It has to be. How any of the local sides can prefer the porky offerings of Bassett Wally Downes and Neil Warnock to the guile skills and beauty of Shezza, Waddle and Hutch beggars belief. So they all gang up on us not realising it automatically makes them look small. 

4 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

This. It has to be. How any of the local sides can prefer the porky offerings of Bassett Wally Downes and Neil Warnock to the guile skills and beauty of Shezza, Waddle and Hutch beggars belief. So they all gang up on us not realising it automatically makes them look small. 

Their glory days with Mitch Ward, Vinnie Jones and Glyn Hodges and their silky skills

I think they hate us because they read OT. 

Some of the numpties on here with their outrage, big club, tin pot, Brighton though garymegson, and general sense of arrogance and self importance leave a lot to be desired. 

BTW, I don't think we're that hated, maybe United and other local clubs. We're not that important. 

Edited by M Royds