Are we hated - If so why ?

Nationally we aren't generally disliked at all. Coventry, Cardiff, Man City, Middlesbrough fans to name a few all complimentary to us in recent seasons. 

It's only the South Yorks clubs with the little brother syndrome. Pigs and Mini Pigs the worst affected! 

Edited by OasisOwl72

Don't really think that we are hated, but recently new tag of the massive really gets to other teams. I love it when new signings say how good it is to come to such a massive club. The massive really riles that other smaller club in the city, they obviously didn't see the humour in it. However it is no longer a self depreciating term, we really are Massive.  lol

On the contrary, I'd say we are one of the most beloved clubs in the country. Everyone knows we are a proper 'old school' club.

Edited by Zed

It's pretty easy to see why.

We over state our attendances on a constant basis.

We think we are a big club despite winning one trophy since 1935.

We call nearly every other club tinpot. 

If we accepted we are a medium sized club then people might like us more 

We have a lot of arrogant and delusional fans 

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Personally,i think it's " Lee The Bitter Miller " who's behind all this Anti-Wednesday Bobbah when he comes on FH.:columbo:

How about ken the asthmatic blade..trying to blame us for the hillsbro disaster..mick tried to expose him for that..literally ANY stick they can think up..the hatred and bitterness is in some of their fans dna..for some its what gets them out of bed in a morning..they cant wait for us to lose to jump on facebook..its kind of irrational.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

How about ken the asthmatic blade..trying to blame us for the hillsbro disaster..mick tried to expose him for that..literally ANY stick they can think up..the hatred and bitterness is in some of their fans dna..for some its what gets them out of bed in a morning..they cant wait for us to lose to jump on facebook..its kind of irrational.

Michael the Bitter Pig you mean also i'm just disgusted at the way he'd tried to use the issue to score cheap points over ourselves on Thursday night's FH.:columbo:

Utter tripe that most football fans in the country hate us, obviously the pigs, toy town and the dingles hate us but that's only because we're bigger and more successful than them but up and down the land people respect our history and tradition and that we have a 'proper' ground and not one of these modern LEGO bricks type.

I think we are just about as marmite as a club gets. I'm from Rotherham original so I've had to listen to the brain dead bile they  spilled out at regular intervals but since moving to Lincoln for University I've found some people actually have a bit off a soft spot for us as well.

Got a few friends that are Leicester fans and they always check on the results and wanting us to go up. 

I think a lot of it is down to where you are. If your living in Yorkshire there such a high concentration of Wednesday haters it's hard to see past it.