Team v Brighton

Wwood

Hunt lees loovy fox

Wallace bannan hutch reach

Fessi winnall

Would have started macca and fox today and gone for it from ko, but would apply the same 0-0 at ht tactic at brighton, then get macca on probably for wallace and go for it and auto promo!

No fletch as we need to press and counter well, hopefully not pudil vs knockaert either!

Edited by Ash77

Would love Carlos to really attack and try and take the game to Brighton. Don't think anyone would have us down for the win but with Forestieri, Winnall and McManamen we might surprise them if we can keep it tight at the back and not get overrun in midfield.

Dunk & Duffy are too strong defenders. Not the kind that Forestieri plays well against. In October we played better with Hooper & Fletch up top with the Forestieri out wide. 

Pudil started left back but was replaced due to injury by Reach. Hutch was suspended so didn't play but Lee did.

We dominated possession & had 5 times as many shots as them. I don't think we need to alter much.

Fox will not start in my opinion. It would be a huge game to throw him into. We know Knockaert will kill us down our left so I think instead of worrying about him let's make their right back struggle with Fessi & Winnall. This would hopefully force Knockaert back.

Id start Wallace over McManaman. Purely because he normally plays well against Brighton & I think McManaman offers more as an impact player than Wallace.

This won't be the team as I'm sure Reach will be in there somewhere but it is what I'd go with.

IMG_4849.JPG

Can't help but feel that Carlos will play it cagey to begin with because Brighton did a number on us at Hillsborough.

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Reach

Wallace Hutch Jones Bannan Forestieri

Fletcher

Don't think he'll want them to outnumber us in midfield.

12 hours ago, parkerowl said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Hutchinson

McMannaman

Jones

Bannan

Forestieri

Winnall

This will give the defence protection and provide bodies in midfield, key if we are to be competitive in this.

We will need to be strong in the middle and break up their rhythm and play.

i'd probably start with fletcher but depending on how this has goes, Winnall would feature at some stage 

8 minutes ago, Wadsleybridgelad said:

Westwood 

hunt lees loovens reach

Hutch

mac ban abdi fessi

Winall

thats if abdi is fit fessi drifting in to link up with winall pack midfield out and press to the death 

I am very sceptical we will see Abdi again in a Wednesday shirt TBH 

I can't see a team of Brighton's professionalism allowing them to lose 2 games in a row. Best we can hope for is a point I feel. If we manage to get all 3, I might be a sign of a few heads looking over shoulders and a horrible feeling of deja vu for them. They'll want to do a number on us to avoid that feeling and with the flashbacks to the play-off semis. Toughest game of the season, definitely not a game for Forestieri wide left or the introduction of Morgan Fox