Team v Brighton

I think we should start with 5 across the midfield, with a bit of bite to win the middle of the park battle and also combat their full backs getting forward, so would go with :-

Westwood

Hunt.   Lees.   Loovens.   Reach

Jones.   Hutch

McManaman.         Bannan.          Forestieri

Winnall

8 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Just don't think CC rates him or feels he fits in.

It's a real pity as he clearly has the pedigree to do well here.

IMO I think he will go and likely do well for someone else...its a real waste and one we may regret.

If he is going we need to buy, because an injury to Bannan would leave us without creativity from CM. And we barely have enough of that as is.

Just now, Holmowl said:

If he is going we need to buy, because an injury to Bannan would leave us without creativity from CM. And we barely have enough of that as is.

Personally I'd like him to succeed here - he certainly had the required pedigree to. 

Currently we aren't set up to accommodate him and he just doesn't seem to fit in.

if Bannan were to get injured and CC could adjust the midfield to fit Abdi in we could well improve.

As has been mentioned, he should add presence too, something we also badly need and could regret not having later on.

Unfortunately I just don't think it's going to happen.

1 hour ago, Burncross Owl said:

I think we should start with 5 across the midfield, with a bit of bite to win the middle of the park battle and also combat their full backs getting forward, so would go with :-

Westwood

Hunt.   Lees.   Loovens.   Reach

Jones.   Hutch

McManaman.         Bannan.          Forestieri

Winnall

I'd like to see that - Abdi, Lee, Bannan could play that role behind FF.

Id probably start with Fletcher too but either would do.

Can't see CC going for it though - it would only see the light of day under someone else.

Westwood 

Palmer Lees Loovens Reach

Wallace Bannan Hutch Macca

Forestieiri Winnall

Subs:

Wildsmith, Hunt, Pudil, Sasso, Jones, Joao, Fletcher 

Encouraged by Winnall and FF in second hal against Hudders so would start with those two. Pudil wasn't great Saturday- Knockaert normally gives him the run around so i'd have Reach at left back, which would give McManaman a deserved start.

On 15/01/2017 at 11:03, WL_Owl_JC said:

Hate to say it, but if we lose, we'll be on the same points after 27 games as last season but with a worse goal difference.   Tougher league this season for sure.

last season.PNG

Been waiting to post this all season haven't you...