Team v Brighton

1 minute ago, Auckland Owl said:

You mean you'd leave Hatch and Colby on the bench?????

Need to work on Pele's shoulder. Think it's stiffened up. Come to think of it, he probably had the injection in the wrong place. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

We will play one up front, Fletcher, with FF just behind. 

Some of the sides on here are ludicrous. It's the best side in the league away, not the last ten minutes of Escape to Victory. 

We we hardly put out a defensive minded line up v Newcastle and look how that turned out.

though a point v Brighton would be a good result, we need to let the opposition worry about us for a change instead of cowering away at the thought of playing a promotion rival.

40 minutes ago, richowl said:

We we hardly put out a defensive minded line up v Newcastle and look how that turned out.

though a point v Brighton would be a good result, we need to let the opposition worry about us for a change instead of cowering away at the thought of playing a promotion rival.

Agree with you there, Brighton are the best side in the league but when you look at their likely starting line up and compare it to ours there's not a massive difference in quality. We played a normal starting eleven at premier league Boro and the game was even in the balance of play. Plus we'll have Westwood in goal.

I'd like to see their defence have to deal with the movement of Winnall and Forestieri for longer than the last 30 minutes

f16 hours ago, Philb125 said:

They were without Stephens and Dunk today were they not? Anyone know if they'll be back?

if they are still missing I'd start with Fletch. If they are back id go with more mobile striker like Fessi and Wina11.

Reach and Pudil / Fox will have hands full with Knockheart but likewise if Fessi / Reach can get down the left he doesn't give Bruno much cover.

Feel good about Brighton game. They'll have no pressure on them regarding top six.

16 hours ago, Philb125 said:

They were without Stephens and Dunk today were they not? Anyone know if they'll be back?

if they are still missing I'd start with Fletch. If they are back id go with more mobile striker like Fessi and Wina11. 

Reach and Pudil / Fox will have hands full with Knockheart but likewise if Fessi / Reach can get down the left he doesn't give Bruno much cover. 

Dunk was serving a suspension so will definitely be back. Stephens was sent home ill from Thursday's training session and didn't travel. If you take that at face value he'll likely be better by Friday; if you like conspiracy theories, it's because he's been sold.  

We also had a rookie (4th choice) left back playing yesterday due to injuries. He did ok, but will probably be another change. 

On 15/01/2017 at 09:28, Earlsfieldowl said:

I am very sceptical we will see Abdi again in a Wednesday shirt TBH 

I really do feel for abdi leaves Watford for some game time comes here and gets played in a position where he's not suited to that role at all really do think if he gets an opportunity in the middle he will take it with both hands and really shine especially with hutch behind him knowing he's got cover to push on 

19 minutes ago, Wadsleybridgelad said:

I really do feel for abdi leaves Watford for some game time comes here and gets played in a position where he's not suited to that role at all really do think if he gets an opportunity in the middle he will take it with both hands and really shine especially with hutch behind him knowing he's got cover to push on 

Just don't think CC rates him or feels he fits in.

It's a real pity as he clearly has the pedigree to do well here.

IMO I think he will go and likely do well for someone else...its a real waste and one we may regret.

59 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Just don't think CC rates him or feels he fits in.

It's a real pity as he clearly has the pedigree to do well here.

IMO I think he will go and likely do well for someone else...its a real waste and one we may regret.

If cc doesn't rate him why spend 4 million on him surely Carlos has an input on players especially when we're paying and there not frees and gambles