Conor Hourihane

36 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Transfer Centre  Live reports that Burnley have agreed fee with Barnsley for Marc Roberts, in the region of £3.5 million. If true, is this likely to make it more likely that CH will move on, or will the money be used to keep CH? I would think he'll move if this is the case.

And Norwich have supposedly agreed a fee of £1-5m for their other centre back, McDonald. This will be a January Sales unparalleled in football, well certainly in my time

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And Norwich have supposedly agreed a fee of £1-5m for their other centre back, McDonald. This will be a January Sales unparalleled in football, well certainly in my time

Good profit, if true, as he was signed for very little this summer. Hopefully he'll give us another OG when Norwich visit.

If the selling of their good young centre backs for a combined total of about £5 million (In January!!) is to be believed, then I can't see Hourihane sticking around. Sinking and ship springs to mind. That's good money to be reinvested into the squad, but those sort of figures are laughably low. You'd feel gutted as a Barnsley fan for that when you think that other clubs in this division would easily get double that for their players