Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

1 hour ago, Dazblur said:

Nuhiu's appearance against Preston should have been his last for the club -

Dire, When was his last goal?, Man City away about 2 year ago

Just for clarity, it was against QPR last February. Not disagreeing with your point though.

Winnall is a good deal if the 6 figure price tag is correct.

Not read all the previous pages but he is still young and will progress under the correct environment.

If he turns out to be another "Stevie May" (unlikely as we have all seen him perform at this level) then at least it won't have broke the budget like JR would have done....

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Imagine being outsiders for a place in the play-offs to the Premier League and losing your top goalscorer to a local team you hate for £500k! lol

Then imagine losing your best player to the same team! lollollol

Dingle-World will be in meltdown if one of these deals go through, it will be unthinkable if both go through!! 

It might not go further than imagine, other clubs might be interested 

Winnall is a good buy for the fee, excellent business.

I suspect if we want Hourihane as well, we will get him. We can compete on wages now,  in a good league position, he may know some of the squad already and given his contract situation, the fee would also be reasonable....I can see this one happening and announced together tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by striker

Winnall is a brilliant signing, sensible price good pedigree 

to add Hourihane to the team aswell would be awesome business, I'd seriously consider offering McGugan in a deal for CH and think Barnsley would be open to that one aswell 

If we do Sign Hourihane Abdi is long gone,

Saying Rhodes is too much is a bit ironic with the state of play on Abdi, 4mil was an expensive mistake to be had when considering the threads on Rhodes. But that is something we can file within the 'exicting transfers turning out underwhelming' Type threads,

I would be happier if we trimmed the squad asap, It's getting to the point where we are forgetting who we have,

That being said I like the prospect of Winnall, 

23 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

Hourihane would be terrific. I'd be delighted with the window if we get these two on top of the two we've already got. 

Absolutely agree. To sign both Winnall and Hourihane would be very astute business and would really improve our team. Young, hungry but quality players at this level and for a decent price too from the Dingles. Plus to see a lot of Barnsley fans in meltdown would be hilarious.

Just hope it happens, the signings of course!

Just now, Dazblur said:

If we do Sign Hourihane Abdi is long gone,

Why?

We have three out-and-out centre midfielders at the club in Jones, Bannan, and Abdi now that Lee's out for the season. Hourihane gives us four... why would we sell Abdi and cut it back down to just three and being thin on the ground?