Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It almost seems like a taboo to mention anything negative about Bannan.

Close Bannan down, get in his face and stop him playing and you stop the team playing, its that simple. When people talk about us getting "found out" this is why. The whole nation saw the play off final and how Hull bullied and dominated our midfield. Bannan also doesnt score enough goals, in fact, look how many times he blasts the ball over from a good position. Id love to see some statistics on his shooting.

I have to agree regarding his shooting, i remember Rotherham away especially last season, he could have had a hatrick that night! Granted hes scored a couple of pearlers Derby last season and Bristol City at home this season but on the whole hes finishing has been poor. That said i do like Bannan with his general play.

1 minute ago, swfc-dan said:

Whats Winalls goal record this season? 

No goal vid please, seen enough of those over the years and they rarely do it here lol

11 goals in his first season at this level

4th in the goals per minutes chart, only Gayle, Murray and Wood are ahead of him. Strikers who wouldn't be available for us to buy so we're getting the next best striker in the championship (on this season's form) 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

11 goals in his first season at this level

4th in the goals per minutes chart, only Gayle, Murray and Wood are ahead of him. Strikers who wouldn't be available for us to buy so we're getting the next best striker in the championship (on this season's form) 

How many tap in's and pens though

Will be a very shrewd signing if it goes through.

Good age, in form, very good price.

Hopefully replaces Nuhiu in the squad leaving us with options of;  Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao and obviously FF depending on where CC plays him.

Edited by DesWalker

Just now, DesWalker said:

Will be a very shrewd if it goes through.

Good age, in form, very good price.

Hopefully replaces Nuhiu in the squad leaving us with options of;  Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao and obviously FF depending on where CC plays him.

I like the look of Winnall, Looks great in the air too, Will replace Nuhiu in the squad, Still can't think for the life of me why we gave him a 2 year extention last summer. Also would be trying like hell to get Hourihane through the door aswel.

Ok I'll not go through the 49 pages of this thread. But firstly I don't know a great deal about Winnall but I do know he knows where the net is. That being said looks like he scores a lot from crosses and unfortunately we don't cross the ball. Not having a pop or being negative but Hooper will score for us if we give him chances. We just don't create enough.

This is down to a number of reasons in my opinion one being Barry Bannan. When we signed Bannan I wasn't impressed thought he was no better than what we had from what I'd seen... then bam he was sensational last year one of our stand out players. A lot of our best play came through him and his ability to get the ball forward quickly and work those through balls... yes he can't shoot to save his life but he was awesome. This year is the polar opposite he has been our worst player. This may not all be down to him it's how he's told to play but he passes sideways and backwards gives the ball away then tries the Hollywood ball. No link up play and no idea. God knows what's gone wrong with him.

so to sum up, if we drop Bannan play with 2 wingers and FF and Winnall up top I can see us scoring goals and Winnall getting a fair few of them, if we don't I can't see him having a sniff.

Guest Copthorneowl
18 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It almost seems like a taboo to mention anything negative about Bannan.

Close Bannan down, get in his face and stop him playing and you stop the team playing, its that simple. When people talk about us getting "found out" this is why. The whole nation saw the play off final and how Hull bullied and dominated our midfield. Bannan also doesnt score enough goals, in fact, look how many times he blasts the ball over from a good position. Id love to see some statistics on his shooting.

A large amount of truth in your post imo but really do we have to maul Bannan who for most of the time he's been with us has been almost key and instrumental in our progress. Lauded to the skies most of last year now unfairly rubbished.

His performances this year have been inconsistent but come on mate he's earned a bit of slack imo and he's not the only one been below par. 

Anyway this his is a thread about incomes back to the point. Sorry had to stick up for the bit.

Edited by Copthorneowl
Incomers not

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

A large amount of truth in your post imo but really do we have to maul Bannan who for most of the time he's been with us has been almost key and instrumental in our progress. Lauded to the skies most of last year now unfairly rubbished.

His performances this year have been inconsistent but come on mate he's earned a bit of slack imo and he's not the only one been below par. 

Anyway this his is a thread about incomes back to the point. Sorry had to stick up for the bit.

Sorry meant to say incomers not incomes and boy not bit

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Starting to think Mods should change the title to include Hourihane as well. Seems the Winnall deal is a formality, main question now is whether we get Hourihane as well.

Definite interest. Winnall might just persuade him to move.