Seen it all now

Guest Deleted member

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

Let's be honest, all of our mums have flicked the bean.

Of course they have, that wasn't the point, both me and my mother was being accused by old cersai of doing this now, she can';t and neither can I, so old cersie has to pay the penalty for his mistake, well not just that, his failure to understand and apologise, he's a thick co ont and he will regret it over the holiday. 

Aslong as its constructive criticism its fine, because that is how you improve any situation. If its mindless criticism without any logic or reason behind it, then that's different. People are just making nuianced commemts about certain aspects that they feel should be better. Its a forum after all, not a political rally where eveeyone has to sing from the same hymn sheet. Also, its about time we stopped going on about the state of the club a few years back. Let's move forward and deal with the here and now. Its not the right attitude to have, to say " people forget where we where before Mandaric came " everytime some fans are critical of a performance. It goes without saying that most fans appreciate and understand the progress that has been made, but it doesn't mean they can't be critical if they feel justified to be so.

Three years ago we were spending relatively little on players, so poor performances were understandable. They're less so now, bearing in mind the amount of cash which is being spent. We were lucky today, as was the case on Tuesday. I think you've got to be very optimistic indeed to believe that this team will gain promotion.

1 hour ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

some 'fans' cant handle that people have different opinions than them so start calling them names

lol

happy with the win but we played shitt

clappers keep clapping tho
pathetic

Clappers keep clapping, I can handle that. The suicide bunch won't go that bit extra tho' lol  I'm with the Clappers.

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

We lose, and we aren't good enough

We win, and we aren't good enough because we didn't play well

Can you lot f3ck off to watch Barcelona and leave being a Wednesdayite to those of us who appreciate the difference between us now, and us 3 years ago

There was some bloke who sat behind me and all he did all match was moan and moan, but he couldn't identify a single Wednesday player except Westwood and I think that was only because the keeper still traditionally plays at number one and is therefore top of the list. It was either his first match or he wasn't a Wednesday fan. Still, there are a lot of people who try to make out they're fans of specific clubs when they're not; none more so than over the Internet. They're not difficult to spot because all they do is try to stir doubt, uncertainty, dissatisfaction and discord; it's childish really. It wouldn't surprise me if there turned out to be more Sheffield United fans at the match than Rotherham fans

2 hours ago, canadianowl said:

Considering all the key players out this is the best we could hope for. 6 points from 6 and still in the hunt, lets goooo!

All the best players are not out, one or two perhaps, but not all of them. Still, getting the results though. Thought we didn't deserve to get beat at Fulham, football's like that, you win some that perhaps you shouldn't and you lose some that perhaps you shouldn't. Sometimes it doesn't even itself out over the season too

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

lol

There's some delicate flowers on here tonight, how do you cope?

How on earth do I have the audacity to suggest you ungrateful buggers sod off to glory hunt at Barcelona, where they plahnlivekg football and win nearly every week?

Because if you read the site, that's what many of you are demanding. It's the most bipolar website in the world is owlstalk, up when we are up, down when we are down, and it's the same people that post each time in favour or against!!

Since our club nearly went out of business, and MM took over we have made progress in our league position every single year. Every single year. "This might be our last chance"??? What kind of sensationalist rubbish is that???

Get a grip.

Starts thread to annoy people.

gets the sh1ts when people get annoyed.

you sir are a ****

I was lucky enough to spend most of the summer at the euros and it really brought home the fact that there is a significant difference in how fans support their teams. 

I saw good teams play well, good teams play bad. Poor teams play bad and poor teams play well. But what was noticeable was that some fans/supporters support and some, as paying customers voice their objections and concerns. 

Being in the midst of English fans winning or losing is the most hostile experience in sport. But those tickets were expensive so who am I to judge how they were trying to encourage their players. 

Then you could compare it to being in and amongst welsh, Irish, Icelandic, Portuguese .... the list goes on, they cheered, supported, enjoyed!! 

The team that scraped rapped through the most games and underperformed won the tournament - their fans didn't jeer them under performing either.