Sheffield Wednesday FC vs Preston. Official Matchday Thread.

32 minutes ago, EccOvOwl said:

3-0 FF with two, And Mr Lee with the third. I hope to see abdi at some point, He's one of the best players in the championship and he can't get a run. Weird ..

Abdi won't be playing today, he was training with sasso this morning. 

12 hours ago, Lombado said:

cant wait to get to my seat later today. could be a tough one but we should be more than capeable of getting a win.

Same here mate.

4 weeks waiting to put the Ipswich horror show behind us.

Afternoon chums

Just in from a nice lunch at the local Italian. Well somebody has to support the local economy here in sunny MK. The crowds at MK Centre were horrific and it's nice to be home with a sleeping spaniel and settling down for some TV and then commentary.

I quite like Preston........after all it's the home of the Squire and his gaggle of servant girls who do his every bidding.......including.....I'm reliably informed......... the mucky stuff.

I'm old enough to remember when Preston and Wednesday were among the giants of the football league so perhaps there's not a lot of difference between the clubs............EXCEPT..........wer'e .........MINTED and they aren't.

I have a premonition that come January 1st....................a certain Mr Rhodes will be where he belongs. On loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy in the summer if we get rid of all the out of contract players and the dead wood then the fee and the wages shouldn't be a problem. Besides, I've heard than he misses his mums meat and tater pie so much he'd consider a cut in wages with sponsorship from Hendo's relish making up the difference

By the way.............can anyone post a definitive recipe for an authentic Sheffield Meat and Tater pie. My old mum's was superb but Iv'e neve managed to make it taste the same.

Any road up....back to today's game..............Wednesday 3 Preston 1

Lucas on the sheet with Nando and Banana Man

COME ON WEDNESDAY