Mindless animal. Name and shame him.

Not at all pal. It happens at football, always has always will. I'm saying nobody is hurt and some on here pretend that there horrified at this when I think so are just jumping on the hypocrisy band wagon. I feel for the OP, his little one should never have to be caught up in it. To vent his frustration and anger I get. But some really need to pipe down alittle

It's done with, nobody got hurt. I'm not condoning it but each and every single one of you at some stage in your lives will have acted inappropriately in the heat of the moment, it's human nature. Thankfully in this incident it was a plastic seat taking the brunt of it and nobody else. 

Lets get things into proportion and move on. 

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Its not necessarily the what DID happen...surely its the what COULD have happened. The guy (who surely is known to somebody responsible on here) needs to be contacted by the police and spoken to as to his future behaviour. If its in his nature to loose his rag over a relatively minor incident, what COULD he do if he really lost his temper. He needs to be checked over as to his true mental state. 

You could look at everything like that though. I could cross the road at a crossing but a car might not stop resulting in people being injured/killed. That COULD happen but chances are it won't. 

Take a look at West Ham v Chelsea in the cup the other night and compare it with this... let's use a little common sense and stop going over the top. 

I don't think that some are jumping on bandwagons - criminal damage is criminal damage. It wasn't that long ago that our fans took it too far at Birmingham. You may think it's funny but it still cost Birmingham money to sort out and it will cost Derby to fix the seat. This wouldn't have needed to be 11 pages if we didn't have full-on idiots following us.

Edited by Babushka1867

4 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Take a look at West Ham v Chelsea in the cup the other night and compare it with this... let's use a little common sense and stop going over the top. 

Yes, it was a disgrace! And don't forget that it only takes a couple of idiots to start something off, and in the confined atmosphere of a football match, violence flares.

If a person can't hold his temper whilst in his cups, he should seriously consider a visit to AA, and not the vehicle breakdown service either. 

Arsene Wenger hit the nail on the head when he said that this was a sure way of preventing the achievement of Secure Standing, which most of our away fans appear to desire,and many of our home fans too.

Guest Deleted member
14 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

I don't think that some are jumping on bandwagons - criminal damage is criminal damage. It wasn't that long ago that our fans took it too far at Birmingham. You may think it's funny but it still cost Birmingham money to sort out and it will cost Derby to fix the seat. This wouldn't have needed to be 11 pages if we didn't have full-on idiots following us.

Actually - I would imagine Sheffield Wednesday get the bill for damage caused by our fans

I use the word 'fan' loosely

41 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Its not necessarily the what DID happen...surely its the what COULD have happened. The guy (who surely is known to somebody responsible on here) needs to be contacted by the police and spoken to as to his future behaviour. If its in his nature to loose his rag over a relatively minor incident, what COULD he do if he really lost his temper. He needs to be checked over as to his true mental state. 

wow

Some angry folk knocking about these days, should behave with kids sitting in front.

Having said that local away games with decent allocations and the lottery of where you sit and who you sit next to increase the chances substantially of being sat next to or near people who are absolutely bladdered and not really in control of their behaviour.

Not something that anybody should have to put up with but a calculated risk unless there is a huge change in behaviour amongst away supporters across the land.

Not changed since my dad used to take me in the late 70's/early 80's and unfortunately in many ways the country seems to be harkng back to these "golden years" in many ways.

To take young kids away to a game in these circumstances carries more chance of them witnessing something unsavoury than not.  Sad but true.

However, unsavoury events these days are still nowhere near as bad as those in days gone by.

Fully understand the feeling in the OP but some of the sanctimonious drivel in response is laughable.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not being funny but if you commit criminal damage and upset young kids over a footy game, then you have issues.

Does the club offer any mental health support ?

It's disappointing none of the fans around him offered him counselling during his breakdown.

half the pondlife who populate away games need counselling

pre match in pubs= swearing at bar staff, vandalising property

in the stadium = again occasionally vandalising property, swearing at people, purposefully barging into people, weeing in sinks 

cringe of the highest order.

5 hours ago, prowl said:

Seems like a particularly good reason not to take children.....or go yourself.

Why does going to away matches give you the right to behave like an animal. I'm not suggesting you don't have a drink but if you have so much you can't control yourself and become aggressive enough to damage property and frighten people then maybe you should have a word with yourself.

I'd be interested to hear what you consider  'a greater degree of freedom of expression'.

Belligerence, aggressive or warlike behaviour. (oxford dictionary) Just what we want from our fans. That will do the clubs reputation no end of good.

When you go to an away match you are still subject to the laws of this country. Threatening behaviour, assault, criminal damage are all still crimes.

(farlego, I'm not suggesting that you do anything other than behave like a model fan, but you do suggest this type of behaviour is OK)

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. The bit you highlighted was someone else quote I was replying to!

This was my response to the original post which you highlighted.

While I don't totally agree with your last sentence that a different level of tolerance should be applied to away matches I think it does raise the question that maybe the clubs should get together and offer an option of a seating area for those with children, the elderly/less able bodied or simply those who wish to sit rather than stand which technically does break stadium rules but is tolerated.

Edited by farlego

5 hours ago, dowls said:

Prowl - where to start, firstly you have to willing to accept away attendance versus home attendance differs? then where you sit in a home ground differs to the type of experience you want, indeed positions within a stand can influence your decision of the match day experience?

Now Quash all that into a 1500-3000 section of a ground, you get the full gambit of reasoning to watch a match in a closely confined space. Now except the premise that football exist in essence due to the concept of competition and rivalry - and then confine that into being outnumbered? This is why away day culture differs, as in concentrated multiple football attendance reason for watching into a confined space, from a family day out to a lads day out and plenty in-between those concepts.

Now build out from this and hopefully you will get the point i make.

I have yet to attend a Wednesday game at a "local" rival where belligerence as not been evident, aggression is not illegal, its all about context of that aggression. A poor referring decision create intense aggression from all type of fans for example.

No I don't get the point you make. Basically it sounds like you are saying away fans can behave like thugs and that's fine because it's football and it's a lads day out.

Sorry but it isn't just lads that go to football matches it's girls, women, young kids, old men. If you think it is acceptable to get rat ar*sed and behave like a yob you are wrong. The law applies to football fans at away matches as apply to the rest of society. How would you like it if someone started screaming,  shouting and threatening you wife, girlfriend or mother as they walked down the street, How about if they acted in a way that frightened your young kids in the local park. It's all the same thing. Just because it's football related when 'you' do it doesn't make it right.

(when I say you I don't necessarily mean you personally)