Official January Transfer Window Thread

3 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

lol So according to Wednesday fans, the squad's too big, needs trimming, we have only one out and out left back (that Carlos will choose from), but let's sign a third right back....

Pudil and Reach more than good enough at left back. Pudil has his off games every now and then but both solid options who offer something going forward and can cross a ball. Palmer and Hunt do not, right back should be a priority. 

Also got Urby somewhere who would be a complete waste of wages if not given a chance at some point.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pudil and Reach more than good enough at left back. Pudil has his off games every now and then but both solid options who offer something going forward and can cross a ball. Palmer and Hunt do not, right back should be a priority.

When Reach moves to LB we lose so much at LM, who plays there? Presumably Bannan or Forestieri and again that's causing a lot of balance and performance issues from the squad and those players. Do we cover one position by moving two-three players out of their primary positions or do we cover a position by buying a young player at a fairly cheap price?

As I mentioned previously I don't think Reach covering at LB is remotely helpful to his progression with us, there's already a lot of people unfairly on his back, "£5m for t'ruddy left back by gum*" isn't helping with that

*I'm not from Yorkshire so apologies if that's not how you folk speak ;)

24 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Tjaronn Chery set to move to China from QPR. Shame we cant compete with them wages as he would be a brilliant addition. 

I thought Sandro would be good backup/competitiion for Hutchinson.  He's on big wages too but some club in Turkey were looking at him.

57 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

When Reach moves to LB we lose so much at LM, who plays there? Presumably Bannan or Forestieri and again that's causing a lot of balance and performance issues from the squad and those players. Do we cover one position by moving two-three players out of their primary positions or do we cover a position by buying a young player at a fairly cheap price?

As I mentioned previously I don't think Reach covering at LB is remotely helpful to his progression with us, there's already a lot of people unfairly on his back, "£5m for t'ruddy left back by gum*" isn't helping with that

*I'm not from Yorkshire so apologies if that's not how you folk speak ;)

Reach was a silly signing in my opinion, I like him but don't think we really needed him. Forestieri should be playing wide left at home without question. We looked an attacking threat last season with him out there and that's where our best performances and FF's best performances came from. That's why at the time I could not understand the Reach logic, 5 million on a player who's acting as cover? But now half way through the season I see Carlos wants to play it different and that's been our struggle in my opinion.

Forestieri cutting in to create magic with Pudil bombing down the left as an option- miss those days at Hillsborough. 

Danny Ward would be a decent signing. Been impressed for a few years with him. Played well in a very poor side. And has a bit of pace to stretch a game, effective wide as well as upfront. Wouldn't pay more than £2m tho.

Edited by JOHNHARKES

Nottingham Forest manager Philippe Montanier has confirmed that Henri Lansbury will not be involved in their match with Wgan Athletic tomorrow.

The midfielder was the subject of a £3million bid from Aston Villa on Tuesday and won't take part in the match due to not being in the right frame of mind.

Montanier confirmed the club has received a 'big, big offer' for the 26-year-old, who came through the ranks at Arsenal.

18:54

DONE DEAL

Full-back Morgan Fox has left Charlton to join Championship sideSheffield Wednesday for an undisclosed fee.

Everyone at Charlton would like to thank Morgan for his dedication to the club over the last eight years and wish him all the best. #cafc

19:09

DELPH BACK TO VILLA?

Aston Villa want to re-sign Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delphon a loan deal until the end of the season, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Villa boss Steve Bruce is keen to bolster his midfield options and Delph, who left Villa Park for City in the summer of 2015, is the controversial name on his list of targets.

Henri Lansbury, Tom Cleverley and Matty James are the other reported targets.

Guest domSWFC
1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

DELPH BACK TO VILLA?

Aston Villa want to re-sign Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delphon a loan deal until the end of the season, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Villa boss Steve Bruce is keen to bolster his midfield options and Delph, who left Villa Park for City in the summer of 2015, is the controversial name on his list of targets.

Keep him fit and he could be brilliant at this level. 

37 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

DELPH BACK TO VILLA?

Think Delph would be better than any of the other three options named there. Matty James will probably get a move but would be surprised if it was to Villa.