Official January Transfer Window Thread

4 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

...at Derby :duntmatter:

Terms agreed (by us) with Charlton. Due here for a medical. Personal terms not yet agreed. Derby trying to muscle in at this stage. Repeated for clarity.

Is the alleged rumour.

Edited by theowlsman

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So 2 top Championship teams are after a player and because Charlton fans don't rate him we believe he's no good?

lol

Ain't seen much of this Fox.

His he related to Wily?

Can remember Leeds fans saying similar things about Lees. He's turned out to be our best centre back in a long time. Modern football fans are fickle and bitter.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

2 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

His he related to Wily?

Can remember Leeds fans saying similar things about Lees. He's turned out to be our best centre back in a long time. Modern football fans are fickle and bitter.

Sometimes good players look worse because they play for a crap team. I certainly won't be judging Fox until I've seen him play for Wednesday.

11 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

His he related to Wily?

Plenty examples of those on here , mixed in with a few cuckoo's

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Plenty examples of those on here , mixed in with a few cuckoo's

Aye, lol

All football clubs have got fickle, bitter and cuckoo fans. Some more than others. Leeds and the junior Blades share that honour of having the most cuckoo fans though. The only honour either of them are likely to get during the rest of our days.

5 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I remember when we signed Tom Lees and Leeds fans were saying how guff he was too.

I remember when we only signed James O'Connor 

Irrelevant memories aside ...

There's no need to worry about Fox, because he'll likely play less than a handful of games for us

6 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

He's slightly more defensive but he's scored 6 goals this season, including 1 against us. Looks a good player. I'd give Abdi a chance or go for someone like Jackson Irvine.

Think Burton might want a decent fee for him though. May put us off.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Think Burton might want a decent fee for him though. May put us off.

Probably. He does seem suitable for us as a Lee replacement. He can also play in defence too and would be a useful versatile player to have. Norwich and a few other Championship clubs are said to be interested.