Official January Transfer Window Thread

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

FFS why are we signing another left back. So basically two of Fox, Pudil or Urby not needed. I'd be happy with one of those with back up from Reach

I know it's a season old, and I've already spoke of the potential fallacy of using that squawka rating system...

But they reckon Fox was Charlton's worse performing player last season with an average score of -294. To put that into perspective, their next worst -149 

Let's hope Squawka's measures really are BS and/or he's improved, eh? :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14464193.Why_Morgan_Fox_is_my_Charlton_Athletic_player_of_the_year/

Interesting read.

We love a scapegoat here too.

He'll be the new Nuhiu.

Maybe if we as fans created a positive environment certain players would prosper.

Funny we have seen players who have failed at S6 go and have great careers elsewhere.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I know it's a season old, and I've already spoke of the potential fallacy of using that squawka rating system...

But they reckon Fox was Charlton's worse performing player last season with an average score of -294. To put that into perspective, their next worst -149 

Let's hope Squawka's measures really are BS and/or he's improved, eh? :duntmatter:

Stats can be very misleading.  

Just now, Beholder said:

Stats can be very misleading.  

That they can, which is why I always have said they should be used as a way to inform a decision, not make one. And I've always said that overall rating systems are arbitrary, because you take stats which don't always tell the whole story and put them into a computer algorithm with very strict rules to make the whole mess even less clear. 

As someone else has said, two top-half Championship clubs have been interested in the lad in the last couple of weeks. Clearly something is turning enough heads, and that says more than a year-old somewhat arbitrary scoring system

So what's your point? lol 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

lol

They don't seem to be very kind to fullbacks. I think Hunt was down as our worst performer last season with a similar score.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

That they can, which is why I always have said they should be used as a way to inform a decision, not make one. And I've always said that overall rating systems are arbitrary, because you take stats which don't always tell the whole story and put them into a computer algorithm with very strict rules to make the whole mess even less clear. 

As someone else has said, two top-half Championship clubs have been interested in the lad in the last couple of weeks. Clearly something is turning enough heads, and that says more than a year-old somewhat arbitrary scoring system

So what's your point? lol 

What you said ;) 

Burton Albion's Australian midfielder Jackson Irvine has been in goal scoring form this season, and Wolves have been linked with a move for the midfielder.

Rumour has it that Wolves will have competition from Derby County and Norwich for the Aussie, who's bagged eight goals so far this season for the Brewers.

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

lol

They don't seem to be very kind to fullbacks. I think Hunt was down as our worst performer last season with a similar score.

I think you're right, wouldn't surprise me if they're marked in a similar way to CB's with an expectation of lots of headers won and a reasonable passing %. Not fair when your CB has eight inches on you (oo-er) and can shift the ball 15 yards sideways for 90 minutes but you're expected to swing 3 crosses in a game and find an attacker and generally create a little when you can

Birmingham City have made enquiries about taking West Bromwich Albion midfielder Craig Gardner on loan until the end of the season.

New Blues boss Gianfranco Zola wants to add experience and strengthen in midfield and sees the 30-year-old as a credible option.

39 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Burton Albion's Australian midfielder Jackson Irvine has been in goal scoring form this season, and Wolves have been linked with a move for the midfielder.

Rumour has it that Wolves will have competition from Derby County and Norwich for the Aussie, who's bagged eight goals so far this season for the Brewers.

Well when Derby have had a bid accepted, let's make our move.

14:22

POOL LAND RODNEY

Hartlepool United have made their second signing of the January transfer window, bringing in forward Devante Rodney from Sheffield Wednesday.

The 18-year-old previously, who came through the ranks at Manchester City, was part of the U21 set-up at Hillsborough. 

Guest Arnold
18 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

14:22

POOL LAND RODNEY

Hartlepool United have made their second signing of the January transfer window, bringing in forward Devante Rodney from Sheffield Wednesday.

The 18-year-old previously, who came through the ranks at Manchester City, was part of the U21 set-up at Hillsborough. 

Screenshot_20170106-144012.png