Official January Transfer Window Thread

15 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Could Bojan Krkic offer us something?

Leaving Stoke. 14 goals in 19 full appearances for Barcelona. 14 goals in 41 full appearances for Stoke. 

Career total 40 goals in 91 full appearances.

Other clubs included Ajax, Roma and Milan.

Cost Stoke £3million if they want their money back. A lot cheaper than JR.

He'd be a world beater in this league but no chance he'll drop down to it. Been linked with several Prem clubs (Middlesbrough among others) and he'll attract plenty of interest from abroad too.

4 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Totally agree.

Had he of signed, I think him and Reach down out left hand side would have been a great combo.

Is Bennett getting game time at Cardiff?

Played superbly against Villa last time out. Would still love him for us, thought he looked a very solid and dependable player at this level with years in front of him, which is useful given Pudil'a age.

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

Nothing personal against Fox

This just means less money to spend, on the position(s) we need

Seems very clear to me and many other people that we needed a left back. We lose too much with Reach being the cover there not least because it's really not helping him settle into the team properly when he's clearly been bought primarily as a left winger (a position we lack if Reach is covering LB).

34 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Seems very clear to me and many other people that we needed a left back. We lose too much with Reach being the cover there not least because it's really not helping him settle into the team properly when he's clearly been bought primarily as a left winger (a position we lack if Reach is covering LB).

Reach playing wide left means an end to Forestieri playing there, which is good news I suppose. With Hooper ready to add goals from the bench, there is no room for Rhodes.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Reach playing wide left means an end to Forestieri playing there, which is good news I suppose. With Hooper ready to add goals from the bench, there is no room for Rhodes.

True, but the way we play none of the front 3 (or wide players + Forestieri) hold their positions, at times Reach was starting on the left wing and drifting to the right wing, drifting to the centre etc which I think helps to keep the opposites confused, it's similar to how Liverpool and sometimes Stoke play their front three and can be extremely effective.

38 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

True, but the way we play none of the front 3 (or wide players + Forestieri) hold their positions, at times Reach was starting on the left wing and drifting to the right wing, drifting to the centre etc which I think helps to keep the opposites confused, it's similar to how Liverpool and sometimes Stoke play their front three and can be extremely effective.

Yeah, thats why I always favoured 4-3-3, with a fluid front line. Unlikely to do that with two wingers though, or a 4-4-2 system

18 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

We need a right back much more than we need a left back in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We need a right back much more than we need a left back in my opinion.

Definitely not, Hunt and Palmer are decent enough competition for the right back spot, Hunt is suspect defensively and Palmer is suspect offensively but they've both played in how many clean sheet performances? We tied our clean sheet record in consecutive seasons with those two at right back, I think they're ok there for now.

2 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Definitely not, Hunt and Palmer are decent enough competition for the right back spot, Hunt is suspect defensively and Palmer is suspect offensively but they've both played in how many clean sheet performances? We tied our clean sheet record in consecutive seasons with those two at right back, I think they're ok there for now.

No end product with either. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.  

25 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Not good enough for the way Carlos wants to play it. He likes his full backs on the overlap, both are capable of this but there end product is absolutely dire. Neither can cross a ball, don't think either of them have scored a goal or made an assist in a Wednesday shirt (Palmer scored one years ago when he was a youngster).

Palmer is solid enough back up option, works hard and good defensively. Hunt is poor in my eyes, fortunately for him his pace saves him a lot of the time from his defensive errors. 

We need better at right back, been saying it for over a year now.

We desperately need better options at right back IMO.

Hunt has been really disappointing this season. He looks the shadow of himself. 

Palmer is adaquete back up, but neither are nowhere near enough for a top 6 Championship side IMO.

Neither has no end product either. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not good enough for the way Carlos wants to play it. He likes his full backs on the overlap, both are capable of this but there end product is absolutely dire. Neither can cross a ball, don't think either of them have scored a goal or made an assist in a Wednesday shirt (Palmer scored one years ago when he was a youngster).

Palmer is solid enough back up option, works hard and good defensively. Hunt is poor in my eyes, fortunately for him his pace saves him a lot of the time from his defensive errors. 

We need better at right back, been saying it for over a year now.

Totally agree.