Official January Transfer Window Thread

Everyone needs to stop having themselfs on, Forestieri is not leaving if he was leaving he would have gone in the summer and when he does stay I bet the same people are just going to say the same bullshit over and over until the next window 

Edited by Crack pot

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Forestieri is a class above anything else in this division

It's very close between him and Knockaert for me, imagine a team with both of them, phenomenal stuff. Shame he'd be unlikely to leave Brighton unless it's for an established top division side, and very unlikely to move this window with him still processing the loss of his Dad last month.

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

I don't want forestieri out, but a forestieri who isn't bothered and not putting 100% in isn't worth playing. 

Why should we pander to him just because he's our best player?

As Carlos says, we are Sheffield Wednesday. No player is more important than the others and he expects the same commitment from the whole team. If we start making exceptions for FF just because he's the most talented what message does that send out to the rest of the squad. 

Nobody ive noticed is pandering to him. Many of the fans of which I'm one see him for what I believe he is - a terrific player the like of which we don't have anywhere else in the club and as Hutchinson said (and I'm sure you rate him) is "the best player in the division".

Surely you're aware of his multitude of attempts to get people back onside but they still won't play it really is pathetic, and can only lead to one thing, even his wife gets told what the haters think it's really daft and only works against everything we are trying to achieve. Do you want us to get in the Prem if the answers yes then we need this fella.

As for making exceptions for him just the opposite seems to be the case, we have this never ending debate on such rubbish as did he smile, did he celebrate, was his body language this or that, it really is beyond the pale. We've been in the wilderness for decades and now all of a sudden we are doing ok and its lets bash Forestiero again thread after thread. He obviously will eventually be driven out but I just hope it's when it suits the club and that's definitely not right now.

This Ben Pearson who one or two are wanting 

Is he the the guy who provoked and got  Forestieri sent off?

If it is

Are people really going to be happy watching the antics of this dirtball week in week out

Are we so desperate we would sell our soul for this scumbag

Players like him belong in S2 not S6

I want to win too, but not by gamesmanship

Get Fecked Ben Pearson

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

29 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

I don't want forestieri out, but a forestieri who isn't bothered and not putting 100% in isn't worth playing. 

Why should we pander to him just because he's our best player?

As Carlos says, we are Sheffield Wednesday. No player is more important than the others and he expects the same commitment from the whole team. If we start making exceptions for FF just because he's the most talented what message does that send out to the rest of the squad. 

If he is our best player which I believe he is then surely he should be the best paid player at the club.

52 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

How can you be so sure Forestieri doesn't want to play for us? Have you asked him? lol 

I'm willing to bet 20 quid he'll be a Wednesday player come February 1st. 

Ditto, no-one knows anything, and if you think you know, you know less than the rest of us.. 

Read my post again

30 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Some people want FF to leave so badly it will become a self fulfilling prophecy. 

we are not good enough without that kind of player. The club should be moving mountains to look for similar types of players to make his absence less conspicuous.

I'm not one of them

Oh & I agree

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

If he is our best player which I believe he is then surely he should be the best paid player at the club.

He should be yes.

He should also be putting 100% effort in every game. IN MY OPINION he hasn't been doing that for most of the season and has looked unisterested. 

He used to track back and make a nuiscance of himself, not anymore. 

5 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

He should be yes.

He should also be putting 100% effort in every game. IN MY OPINION he hasn't been doing that for most of the season and has looked unisterested. 

He used to track back and make a nuiscance of himself, not anymore. 

Mainly talking rubbish there mate lol

1 minute ago, woodys said:

Mainly talking rubbish there mate lol

Maybe its our style of play that he's not happy with, or maybe we just need that 1 convincing win and it will give everyone a new lease of life, keep working hard uto

14 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Wrong Hutch is our best player 

Maybe and at the moment certainly the most consistent performer. both play completely different roles in the team though seems a strange comparison for everyone to keep making 

15 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Read my post again

"We've known for a while that Fernando is likely to leave"

So, according to you, you know that there is more than a 50/50 chance he'll leave (as there are two options: Either he stays or he goes). Don't really see what I've missed. You don't know anything about it, and anyone that thinks they do is in reality clueless. He is not likely to leave, and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

While FF is under performing or has his head in the clouds which has happened more often than not, hutch is performing week in week out.

Whilst everyone is spaffing themselves about Rhodes I have my eyes on what is really important. Some cover if we lose Hutch

Is it more often than not though? I'm not sure, of course it's not been week in week out the same consistency quality as last years performances but then very few players have been on their same game this year. 

Completely agree with you on cover for hutch he's been absolutely vital lately let's hope we don't have to need any as would be a huge loss. 

5 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

Ok. 

If you're happy with with his performances and think he's playing his best every game then great! 

Im afraid I don't. 

without thinking too much into it using one that springs to mind you've only got to go back to wolves away to have seen exactly the performance you said he doesn't give anymore... was only a month or so back!

7 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Hutch is definitely our best player. 

He'd look right at home in the Prem - probably our only player to do so - where as FF wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact at that level.

Lend us your crystal ball pal lol