Official January Transfer Window Thread

10 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Nixon reckons we are after Rhodes but only after we've sold someone first due to FFP, he mentioned Lucas Joao is available at the right price.

In today's Sun

Probably logical / guesswork from Nixon

We've known for awhile that Fernando is likely to leave ... and we'll be scratching around for a replacement on deadline day 

Guest Copthorneowl
21 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Wickham is injured, out for season

That was my understanding, nevertheless if it was a choice between the two Wickam all day long for me, and he turned up at Wembley with his bit of Totty along with big Reda, there's loyalty for you.

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Ben Pearson. I am now a believer. Without Kieran Lee our brand does not have the neatness and energy we need. Offer Preston whatever they want. We go up. Simples. 

Oh aye can see him and Fessi getting on like a house on fire.

Edited by swfc1983

34 minutes ago, camffiti said:

We've known for awhile that Fernando is likely to leave ... and we'll be scratching around for a replacement on deadline day 

All this talk about Forestieri, Matias and Joao leaving, and being replaced by the likes of Fox and Rhodes, it looks as if we're preparing to be in this division for a while

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'd be disappointed if we end up selling Joao, just get Rhodes on loan. 

Totally agree. Even on a loan JR is likely to cost £2 million whilst his wages are over 50K a week (and I've read some reports of them being over 60K) which might unsettle the squad.

Interesting to note that Villa are reported to be baulking at signing JR because it's too rich for them! (Daily Star). This after they've just taken £6 million for Gestede.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All this talk about Forestieri, Matias and Joao leaving, and being replaced by the likes of Fox and Rhodes, it looks as if we're preparing to be in this division for a while

No one is mentioning FF leaving apart from people on here

Edited by BIG D

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'll give you Forestieri but even you can't claim that Joao and Matias are essential players to fire us to premier league glory?

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Makes me wonder if FF sale would fund Rhodes, with Ward his replacement for a modest price. Ward is a poor man's Forestieri, really. Play the same role though.

Wouldn't surprise me if we renew our supposed interest in Stephen Gleeson, either. Weren't we linked in the summer - and we all wondered why.. Lee's injury would give us reason now. He's another high-energy box-to-box mid. 

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can't really claim our future is intertwined with Joao and Matias. They've given us sod all for a year+

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I agree get rid of Fessi and wave tgis season and next season goodbye 

everyone blames forestieri when things are off.

The mans injured and still trying to play. The rest of the team look weak without him in 95% of the games.

Carlos always implores a unit mentality we are Wednesday! But the rest of the team are slow and predictable without him. Bannan is much sharper and drives forward when hes in. When he plays on the left he gives width, pace and an extra line of defence because he may lose balls but how many other players run all the way back just to win the ball back off the opposition.

I fear with everyone on his back we will push him out rather than it been that he wants to leave.

We know hes a temperamental player so nurture him not force his hand. Some players require the hard stick but I think he needs an arm round him with reassurance.

Lets get off his back and encourage his impact and skill on our team....

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What, getting rid of a player who doesn't want to play for us, another who isn't good enough and another who has had more injuries than Evil Knievel, and replacing them with and prolific goal scorer at this level, and a young promising full back. 

And making and savings a few quid. 

Sounds like great business to me.