Official January Transfer Window Thread

34 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

A couple of thoughts I have:

We must simply avoid Scottish Prem "strikers".

We should try and wee wee Villa Chairman and Steve Bruce off by bidding for Hogan then pull out after we've seriously ramped up the price tag.

Paying what they paid for McCormack, when there was no serious competition, that shouldn't be a problem

17 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

A couple of thoughts I have:

We must simply avoid Scottish Prem "strikers".

We should try and wee wee Villa Chairman and Steve Bruce off by bidding for Hogan then pull out after we've seriously ramped up the price tag.

I like it - and wud seriously like Hogan at S6

9 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Actually haven't been playing FM this year, haven't even bought the latest game!

Knew I'd sink too many hours into it otherwise :sad:

Couple of your posts lead me to think you've at least had a tinkle on the beta version......and what self respecting student can give at least 40 hrs a week to a game of FM!!! lol

Wolves have again been linked with a move for Blackburn Rovers full-back/winger Ben Marshall.

They tried to sign him last summer and it's believed 25-year-old Marshall is on their shortlist again in January.

Lambert said: "I know Ben really well. He’s Blackburn’s player and I know his contract is up (this summer) and all of those things.

43 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wolves have again been linked with a move for Blackburn Rovers full-back/winger Ben Marshall.

They tried to sign him last summer and it's believed 25-year-old Marshall is on their shortlist again in January.

Lambert said: "I know Ben really well. He’s Blackburn’s player and I know his contract is up (this summer) and all of those things.

Wolves are the new Derby County

So many Championship teams with new investment now, I think there will be some big business done in January. New foreign owners wanting to make their mark, as we did last year, transfers will spiral to a whole new level. We've blown our budget, whether we've spent it wisely, time will tell, but for now, we have to take advantage of being a little bit further down the line. We should be benefiting, because all our new signings should now be bedded in, whereas those now spending the big bucks, will take time for those new players to adjust. In short, we can't keep rolling the dice, we have to find the right blend from the players we have.

Edited by gurujuan

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wolves are the new Derby County

Actually I think you'll find based on our summer recruitment that we're the new Derby County lol

Wolves are actually strengthening in areas where they're weak... we just seemed to want to buy players in positions that we were already relatively well stocked in  

7 hours ago, Morepork said:

Couple of your posts lead me to think you've at least had a tinkle on the beta version......and what self respecting student can give at least 40 hrs a week to a game of FM!!! lol

I legitimately haven't and your teasing is actually paining me... it's like I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms :sad:

Not sure how I'm going to manage another 9 months without seeing my treasured 2D dots