Norwich City vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

for all we know he's picked up a knock and cc didn't want norwich to find out too early :ph34r:

This is my thinking – or that he's just not in a good state head-wise and would mess up the team spirit. Either way, if there's a chance of him sticking around, some of the comments on various threads here won't exactly encourage him. I wish everyone could just leave it alone until we hear more.

Staton , knows whats happened here. Listening at the start of the week, he did nothing to rubbish the story when it first broke.

We have no choice , if FF wants a move then, milk it. Spend big on a Centre Half, a nasty sod for midfield, and somebody up front with pace.

4 minutes ago, gaz62uk said:

Everybody replaceable but will we be able to get as good or better because thats what we have to do. We will see come the end of the season what effect it has if it happens.

No we wont 

Promotion wasn't guaranteed with FF 

If he leaves you have no clue what effect that has on our prospects 

Obviously in the short term it harms us because he's a great player  but the management may bring in a player or players that improves us overall 

3 minutes ago, Spaceball_One said:

Abdi hates the left

Yep - and if we go 442 we'll get overrun in midfield... Norwich play 5 there

This whole this has been one trud sandwich as far as I cam concerned and has totally disrupted our preparation

Cant see anything other than a defeat 

It had been a good day up to this point...

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Staton , knows whats happened here. Listening at the start of the week, he did nothing to rubbish the story when it first broke.

We have no choice , if FF wants a move then, milk it. Spend big on a Centre Half, a nasty sod for midfield, and somebody up front with pace.

Don't read into what Staton does or doesn't say too much, he was happy to stoke the fires that Westwood would be leaving a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't read into what Staton does or doesn't say too much, he was happy to stoke the fires that Westwood would be leaving a couple of weeks ago.

the only thing Staton cares about is promoting himself and the radio station. the more interest (through testicles  roomers) the better for him.

To say I'm anything but gutted about the possibility of FF leaving would be a lie. If he goes for the reported £7m I'd be even more downbeat, CC should aim to clear this situation up as soon as possible, if he leaves so be it but what is our plans moving forward. I don't know why but I really had a higher opinion of FF. I also think if he goes the club should refund anyone that has got his name on their shirts. Rant over!!!!

Just now, bexhill owl said:

To say I'm anything but gutted about the possibility of FF leaving would be a lie. If he goes for the reported £7m I'd be even more downbeat, CC should aim to clear this situation up as soon as possible, if he leaves so be it but what is our plans moving forward. I don't know why but I really had a higher opinion of FF. I also think if he goes the club should refund anyone that has got his name on their shirts. Rant over!!!!

Agreed on the money - he is worth at least double that and I hope we stiff whoever gets him.

As for loyalty etc - it simply doesn't exist anymore, its all about the money and the players will largely go where they can get the best deals.

I don't blame FF, but it does leave a nasty taste.

However providing we spend the money wisely, we will be ok

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

the only thing Staton cares about is promoting himself and the radio station. the more interest (through testicles  roomers) the better for him.

How is he promoting either himself or his radio station by withholding information from his listeners ?

Surely that makes him and his station seem much less trustworthy and appealing. He should be telling his listeners the truth . 

Just now, kikka said:

How is he promoting either himself or his radio station by withholding information from his listeners ?

Surely that makes him and his station seem much less trustworthy and appealing. He should be telling his listeners the truth . 

you don't tell the punters the whole story, you give them enough to get them hooked once there hooked he can drip feed what he wants when he wants as he knows people are hitting f5 on here and his twitter account