Forestieri

I don't really know - but based on Carlos's Sky interview I feel all of this is 'agent inspired' in an attempt by an agent to maximise his own profit on one of his prize assets.

The agent is, I imagine,  thinking only of himself - not the club, not the player, not even the buying club ( to whom he will do exactly the same again in about 18 months time .) .

Until this system is outlawed similar actions will continue all over the footballing world . Of course the history of the FA  and other  Footballing authorities suggests that they will do absolutely nothing.

As things stand with Forestieri , then it would be better to get some sort of quick solution to the situation - thus avoiding any long- term 'seepage' into the splendid attitude shown by the rest of the players and the staff at Norwich -  without selling the player to a rival.

I don't see anybody gaining by 'putting him in the reserves'  it would simply breed further  discord. 

So far Mr C and Carlos have handled a very difficult situation admirably - and , who knows , they may also have been working on strategies  of which we are currently unaware.

Albeit for unwanted reasons, it should be an interesting next few days coming up. Let's hope it can be sorted without deflecting us from our main target of winning promotion. 

PS: A terrific and admirable performance by the whole club at Norwich.

PPS: The 'smoke and mirrors school of reporting' operated by people like Rob Staton and Dom Howson has been less than admirable. They appear to have known what was going on , but didn't tell us - when  I thought ( perhaps naively ) that the job of a reporter - was to report things to their customers. ?

Edited by kikka

4 hours ago, kikka said:

I don't really know - but based on Carlos's Sky interview I feel all of this is 'agent inspired' in an attempt by an agent to maximise his own profit on one of his prize assets.

The agent is, I imagine,  thinking only of himself - not the club, not the player, not even the buying club ( to whom he will do exactly the same again in about 18 months time .) .

Until this system is outlawed similar actions will continue all over the footballing world . Of course the history of the FA  and other  Footballing authorities suggests that they will do absolutely nothing.

As things stand with Forestieri , then it would be better to get some sort of quick solution to the situation - thus avoiding any long- term 'seepage' into the splendid attitude shown by the rest of the players and the staff at Norwich -  without selling the player to a rival.

I don't see anybody gaining by 'putting him in the reserves'  it would simply breed further  discord. 

So far Mr C and Carlos have handled a very difficult situation admirably - and , who knows , they may also have been working on strategies  of which we are currently unaware.

Albeit for unwanted reasons, it should be an interesting next few days coming up. Let's hope it can be sorted without deflecting us from our main target of winning promotion. 

PS: A terrific and admirable performance by the whole club at Norwich.

PPS: The 'smoke and mirrors school of reporting' operated by people like Rob Staton and Dom Howson has been less than admirable. They appear to have known what was going on , but didn't tell us - when  I thought ( perhaps naively ) that the job of a reporter - was to report things to their customers. ?

If they get news like this  off the record and spill then they arnt likely to be told much in the future.

Once the story breaks then they will discuss.  Seems pretty straightforward .

7 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Having read most of the comments on most of the many FF threads it's pretty clear most fans think our little genius should not wear the shirt again. Owlstalk posters represent a very tiny minority of both our turn up and stay at home fans so nothing decisive there.

Nobody seems to me to be looking at the most important element which is the relationship between the manager and the player. Everyone (no most people) seem to be suggesting DC will do this or that or won't be turned over by any player agent or third party but my strong view is that DC will simply ask Carlos what he wants to do. He will want to know if the relationship has broken down beyond repair BECAUSE if CC doesn't think he can trust or work with Fernando he will want shot of him and given the fact that they had to persuade him to play against Villa and that he then refused to travel yesterday I would be surprised (looking at how CC has reacted to player sulks from Loius and others) if he doesn't just say get rid he is not part of the team ethic anymore bump.

Really important point you make.

We also have no idea what this is doing to the relationship between Chansiri and Carlos. There are only two ways forward, get rid or make up.

If Carlos wants rid, but Chansiri wants his star to stay, or vice versa, then we have a major split at the top.

Hopefully their relationship is rock solid and that they see totally eye to eye on the outcome of this diversive issue.

In order of importance...

1. Chansiri

2. Carlos

3. The team

Some way down the list - one player (irrespective of how good he is).

7 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Having read most of the comments on most of the many FF threads it's pretty clear most fans think our little genius should not wear the shirt again. Owlstalk posters represent a very tiny minority of both our turn up and stay at home fans so nothing decisive there.

Nobody seems to me to be looking at the most important element which is the relationship between the manager and the player. Everyone (no most people) seem to be suggesting DC will do this or that or won't be turned over by any player agent or third party but my strong view is that DC will simply ask Carlos what he wants to do. He will want to know if the relationship has broken down beyond repair BECAUSE if CC doesn't think he can trust or work with Fernando he will want shot of him and given the fact that they had to persuade him to play against Villa and that he then refused to travel yesterday I would be surprised (looking at how CC has reacted to player sulks from Loius and others) if he doesn't just say get rid he is not part of the team ethic anymore bump.

We also have no idea what this is doing to the relationship between Chansiri and Carlos. There are only two ways forward, get rid or make up.

If Carlos wants rid, but Chansiri wants his star to stay, or vice versa, then we have a major split at the top.

Hopefully their relationship is rock solid and that they see totally eye to eye on the outcome of this diversive issue.

1. Chansiri

2. Carlos

3. The team

A mistake is going up a one way street the wrong way, or burning the pie. 

This isn't a mistake. This is a premeditated attempt to get more money, by a player who's toys have dropped out of the pram because his mates are on more money. Driven by a commission hungry agent. All he has to do was get on a bus and play football in Norwich. We weren't asking him to head into Iraq armed with a water pistol. 

Footballers are paid an absolute fortune, in part funded at this club by very high ticket prices, to play football. With that privilege must come some degree of responsibility. Although economic madness, part of me hopes DC does a Jeremy Peace/Berahino job, and let's him rot. 

Lets not excuses for him. If he has refused to play, for not other reason than money, then it's a disgrace. If there is another story, then let's here it. Quickly, amd move on. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Like the others, including CARLOS, pay up and extend his contract.

If there were match winners like him about, Newcastle and Derby would have signed them.

Amazed at how many players are saying get rid and they never want to see him play again.

This is football, a results game. He's been very stupid and naive here and he's upset us all. But it's nothing an explanation and apology can't sort. If he won't do that and is adamant he wants to leave, fair enough cash in. But lets wait and see what happens before we all start kicking off.

To stop any more unrest, fans need to stick together, and also the players and management to sit down with FF and give his head a wobble. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Amazed at how many players are saying get rid and they never want to see him play again.

This is football, a results game. He's been very stupid and naive here and he's upset us all. But it's nothing an explanation and apology can't sort. If he won't do that and is adamant he wants to leave, fair enough cash in. But lets wait and see what happens before we all start kicking off.

To stop any more unrest, fans need to stick together, and also the players and management to sit down with FF and give his head a wobble. 

After my initial anger and disappointment with FF I  have now come to the same conclusion. 

26 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Like the others, including CARLOS, pay up and extend his contract.

If there were match winners like him about, Newcastle and Derby would have signed them.

The others, including Carlos, didn't desert the club in order to secure a better contract.

Refusing to play is about as serious as it gets, and is usually done as a last resort to force a transfer to another club. It's not a bargaining tactic in contract negotiations!

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

1. Chansiri

2. Carlos

3. The team

Spot on

Guest Copthorneowl
7 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Just a quick observation about CC and relationships with players.

McGugan fell foul of Carlos and hasn't really featured.

Lachman is languishing in the development team, but by all reports is still training and playing hard.

I think, in my humble opinion, that CC puts enormous store by how his players act with regard to the betterment of the team as a whole, and asks that they put aside their egos, and pull together for the benefit of the team.

I think Carlos will view FF recent behaviour as severely affecting the team ethos, and don't personally think there is a way  back from this situation, but I've been wrong before :columbo:

Exactly the point I was making it is all about the relationship with the manager at the end of the day. Personally want CC to forgive and rebuild but previous episodes don't necessarily bode well.

12 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Whilst I agree. 

His sheer stupidity staggers me, he can't surely have thought this was a good idea and fans would accept his reasoning?! 

I most definitely want him to stay, but it doesn't stop me questioning him and nor does that stop the players from doing the same 

hes as got a lot of making up to do, spoilt willy puller

2 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

It's actually quite painful that it's been him that's done this. One of the most loved and idolised players at the club, on the verge of becoming a cult hero and he goes and does this.

He's dug his own grave here.

Agreed.

I'm of the let him rot, but hope this can be resolved, camp - Something along the lines of offering him a bigger promotion bonus, promise of new contract next season whatever, but without him actually succeeding with his blackmail to get a new contract NOW. It would still be somewhat of a compromise, but allow everyone to save face, especially DC, and send out a message that this won't be tolerated by others.

However, along your lines James, if this had been Wallace or a slightly less crucial player, I'd leave them to rot with McGugan and Lachmann for the remainder of their contract on principle.

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Really... who are these players?