Club Shop

1 minute ago, PeakOwl said:

That's the one!  Not sure even DC would try charging that though! :-)

Think it was £30 in the shop last season, would happily buy one now, rather than the current kit.

That'll be the reason they've disappeared from the shop.

All they need to do is walk around IKEA and see how it's done. Bring in loads of little things for a quid that every parent will buy and every little kid will love. I do believe it's called a 'loss leader'. In IKEA they call them 'open wallet' areas....seems obvious what it does. Bring in footfall..get people spending and they buy other things too....it just needs the skills and the stock...ahhhh...damn...it was all going so well...

I remember one Christmas as a kid, I asked just for money so I could spend it all in the Wednesday shop. I went to the one in orchard square and ended up with the training jacket, sweatshirt, full kit and a wilkinson sword razor. I'd not even started shaving lol

Guest Deleted member
2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Quite a list of priorities of which 'The Shop' wasn't top.

A range of stock can not be designed ordered and be on the shelves as soon as the green light is given. So , it's been a while, it may take a while longer yet. Be patient ! 

Rubbish

And he's been here a year and a half.

I'm sure having something other than a part time manager of the retail section that nobody has seen for months might help

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

The fact the season is about to start and we only have one of the 3 kits available pretty much sums it up. Generally i wouldnt buy anything (until the rip off home shirt comes down anyway) but smaller clubs with less fans and less space seem to have far more choice.  

Simple stuff:

First rule of business it's far easier to copy success than invent it.  Define which of our peers does this the best and then copy them. 

Edited by Geedee

...who agreed the mess of the new 'Online Shop'? It's like some sort of ...well...it like something I've never seen before in online retail...it's totally rubbish and quite bizarre. If we have Overseas owners surely they will understand that any overseas demand for product needs to be sold on a reliable and attractive, easy to use website!! ...

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

; With regard to the shopRubbish

And he's been here a year and a half.

I'm sure having something other than a part time manager of the retail section that nobody has seen for months might help

Oh yeah I forgot. 'This is not the room for an argument'. However, much I agree how long whoever has been here; With regard to the shop that doesn't make one iota of difference.

The shop could have been bursting at the seems with old badges, logos and kit all could have been used for a huge bonfire. In the last three months we have been developing a new logo and three new kits all of which will play an integral part of the brand. It's only fitting that it will take time to introduce more lines of  branded product.

Guest Deleted member
8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Oh yeah I forgot. 'This is not the room for an argument'. However, much I agree how long whoever has been here; With regard to the shop that doesn't make one iota of difference.

The shop could have been bursting at the seems with old badges, logos and kit all could have been used for a huge bonfire. In the last three months we have been developing a new logo and three new kits all of which will play an integral part of the brand. It's only fitting that it will take time to introduce more lines of  branded product.

The club launched the new crest in January.

At the time it was launched it had no doubt been in planning for some time, as these things have to be registered.

At launch it could have been launched with a whole range of new leisure wear, key rings and promotional items, mugs, pens, all products that sell well.

You only have to look at the time it took to create a new enamel badge for Wednesdayite each year, a week from design to 2000 badges, to know that you're talking rubbish with regards to delays.

There are literally hundreds of companies out there able to produce quality items suitable for sale in a club shop, currently relying on Christmas items and rails full of play off T-shirts too tempt the people visiting daily to collect tickets.

It's an embarrassment, as many of the posts here confirm

Can only think that a further delay due to the new new badge. Either way it's shockingly poor for a club of our size to be totally defunct of product at this time of the year.

Edited by NormOwl

25 minutes ago, Grandad said:

At the time it was launched it had no doubt been in planning for some time, as these things have to be registered.

At launch it could have been launched with a whole range of new leisure wear, key rings and promotional items, mugs, pens, all products that sell well.

You only have to look at the time it took to create a new enamel badge for Wednesdayite each year, a week from design to 2000 badges, to know that you're talking rubbish with regards to delays.

There are literally hundreds of companies out there able to produce quality items suitable for sale in a club shop, currently relying on Christmas items and rails full of play off T-shirts too tempt the people visiting daily to collect tickets.

Pretty much spot on although you would be surprised how few companies are able to produce such items, most merely act as sales agents. 

We can't have anybody at the club with the right skills at the moment unless DC is doing his needs to be involved in every last detail thing.

I think we have fallen so far behind in this area that it should go to an outside company like kitbag who do it all for you and take a percentage. Quite a few of the PL clubs have gone this way. At least for a year or two until we get caught up again.

Just now, Grandad said:

This ^^^^

There really is no excuse. Running the shop has nothing to do with "prioritising other areas". it's a seperate entity and could be generating real money.  Straight after the huge feelgood factor at Wembley (despite losing) we should have been stocking the shop for the captive audience of ST purchasers.

For years I have been saying we should have SWFC CAR FLAGS, I'm certain they would sell well.

For the collectors amongst us what about a limited edition range of replicas of vintage items (1896 Cup Winners mug/jug, 1935 FA Cup knife).

A cheap range of SWFC branded kids stuff  which ALL day out places sell.    Pens, pencils, rubbers, badges, keyrings, stickers, etc.

Wednesday branded mints and lollipops.

In just a few minutes I can think of some ideas, we need some innovative thinking, and quickly.

3 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This ^^^^

There really is no excuse. Running the shop has nothing to do with "prioritising other areas". it's a seperate entity and could be generating real money.  Straight after the huge feelgood factor at Wembley (despite losing) we should have been stocking the shop for the captive audience of ST purchasers.

For years I have been saying we should have SWFC CAR FLAGS, I'm certain they would sell well.

For the collectors amongst us what about a limited edition range of replicas of vintage items (1896 Cup Winners mug/jug, 1935 FA Cup knife).

A cheap range of SWFC branded kids stuff  which ALL day out places sell.    Pens, pencils, rubbers, badges, keyrings, stickers, etc.

Wednesday branded mints and lollipops.

In just a few minutes I can think of some ideas, we need some innovative thinking, and quickly.

We used to have all that type of stuff.  What's happening down there.  It's like throwing money away.  I just don't get it.