Club Shop

I was in about a month ago and it is pretty desperate in there. 

Sure the club will turn it around in time, but there's no denying that the we need (and have done so for a long time) a kick up the back side in terms of commercial revenue etc. 

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Just been in to get my lad his new kit and I have to say aside from the kit the stock is absolute garbage. 

My lad wanted a keyring for his school bag, not one to be had, we are still selling Samsung S4 cases for christ sake.

I had the intention of spending £200+ and all I ended up spending was £140.

I know this has been done to death but we are seriously missing a trick here.

Some key rings here mate, don't know if it makes any difference ordering online.

http://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_sheffieldwednesday&state=products&dept_id=60&sub_dept_id=20

2 have the old badge though

Unable to find anything I liked in my last three visits. There is lots of rubbish stock there that isn't moving - they should cut their losses, clear it out and give it to charity. I'm not going to buy it even at a fiver. 

Will hold out for the white shirt - hopefully there by Christmas

And some new polo tops would be nice

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

I'm sure people know exactly what our retail dept requires. I'm sure they also know the funds required to establish it so that supporters don't find a need to moan about it. 

I reckon they're prioritising other things though like the first team. 

So much will happen should we go up including the shop, it must be difficult as things stand as anything they order has to be sold. SOR doesn't work in the football world and knowing our fanbase as we do we don't like to part with our cash.

That is why we still have S4 cases in there etc, it's easy to say give it away when it's not your business 

Absolute drivel a club shop selling things people want to buy would not only be self financing it would contribute profits to other things like the first team.

It's really not rocket science but fairly straightforward retail with a loyal customer base who can't spend because there is nothing in there worth buying apart from the home kit.

I went in before I came on holiday looking to buy a couple of tee shirts or polo's absolutely nothing to buy turned round drove a few hundred yards up road and spent £100 at TK Max. That could have been the clubs money x however many people have done the same.

I've been in today too.  It is absolutely embarrassing .   Play off T shirts,  acres of empty space, tired old stock.  Books at full price by ex managers, no fixture lists.

people will be going in to buy tickets for the Villa game and think the shop is closing down. Seriously, it's that bad.

Not trying to be anti-Chansiri before anyone starts but the shop wasn't this bad even 3 years ago. Nowt to do with 16 years of mismanagement. 

Strange how quickly people have forgotten the Milan years!

Anyway, as I said above, there was an effort to improve it and we did get new stock in plus a catalogue through our doors, twice IIRC?

This was one of them...  swfc1.png

The shop is the worst I've ever seen it.

I'm sure it'll get sorted, needs doing sooner rather than later.

Edited by Donny.Owl
can't spell wont spell.

10 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Quite a list of priorities of which 'The Shop' wasn't top.

A range of stock can not be designed ordered and be on the shelves as soon as the green light is given. So , it's been a while, it may take a while longer yet. Be patient ! 

T-shirts and mugs can't be ordered and manufactured in a couple of months?  

And that's no excuse why Antonio continues to adorn shop walls.

This was in the other catalogue

onesie-4x3138-423261_478x359.jpg

lol

I bought the dressing gown.

Not saying the store was amazing but there was a choice of mugs, at least 4 retro shirts that I can remember (a Toffs style one, a 90s style home and away and an 80s one which I bought). Plenty of scarfs etc as well as the usual training/leisure wear.

I bought PJ's for my Nephew, here he is as Bat Owlman :biggrin:

223312_2032213969182_7250961_n.jpg?oh=91

He's 9 now and hasn't got an English club (is a fan of Real Madrid due to his love of Ranaldo!) so I'm trying to bring him into the fold. Some good merchandise now as well as a few matches and he'll be sold. Just need something to buy!

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

I'm sure people know exactly what our retail dept requires. I'm sure they also know the funds required to establish it so that supporters don't find a need to moan about it. 

I reckon they're prioritising other things though like the first team. 

So much will happen should we go up including the shop, it must be difficult as things stand as anything they order has to be sold. SOR doesn't work in the football world and knowing our fanbase as we do we don't like to part with our cash.

That is why we still have S4 cases in there etc, it's easy to say give it away when it's not your business 

I think that means no.

lol

When I questioned the value of the membership reductions for shop purchases  last year someone told me the shop was full of good stuff.

What on earth has happened? 

The building is fine.  Just needs better quality stuff which should have happened. If it's good stuff then it should sell and relatively quickly. 

As ever who knows who's to blame. It wouldn't be top of my list of things Chansiri has done wrong - if indeed he is to blame at all. But someone within the club should have been delegated the responsibility and sorted it to take advantage of the feel good factor we've had. 

Still no new training gear on sale and still trying to flog last years training stuff for £20/£25 each? Bizarre really, if they'd puy these on sale for £10 they would've flown out. 

It's basic, simple commercial sense which is a clear indication that no one at the club is on top of it or bothered about it.

But there's still some gnomes and flip flops left so every cloud.