Stripes are irrelevant

the Owl is irrelevant

whats next......

Pretty much sums things up.

Post of the day by a mile.

Edited by Maddogbob

6 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

I just find it funny, made the Sports Bible too on Facebook 

And therein, we probably have the truest answer of 17 pages. It was done to maximise publicity for zero outlay. We are now known for having weird numbers, and that has gone international. 

Sheffield Wednesday you say? Oh the ones that have got weird numbers. Yeah, I've heard of them. 

As opposed to; Sheffield who? Wednesday? Never heard of them. 

Guest Deleted member

I travel fairly widely, and wherever I go, when I tell people I'm from Sheffield, invariably they ask if I'm a Wednesday fan.

I don't think we needed to make a goalkeeper a right back for publicity

Haha its made the BBC sport website.

I have to admit Bully's tweet that says the numbers were nothing to do with him or Carlos a little concerning.

Whether people think squad numbers are a big deal or not I think this will wee wee some players off and there is no need to do that. 

Edited by Lostowl

3 minutes ago, Lostowl said:

Haha its made the BBC sport website.

I have to admit Bully's tweet that says the numbers were nothing to do with him or Carlos a little concerning.

Whether people think squad numbers are a big deal or not I think this will wee wee some players off and there is no need to do that. 

Really?

You REALLY think Wildsmith gives a sh*t? Or Steven Fletcher on his 40 grand a week.

"Grrrr I would have been a 9 if I didn't sign for this stupid club!!"

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Sean Watson said:

So who the flip sorted the squad numbers then? And don't say Chansiri! 

Chansi....

Oh. Sorry

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Really?

You REALLY think Wildsmith gives a sh*t? Or Steven Fletcher on his 40 grand a week.

"Grrrr I would have been a 9 if I didn't sign for this stupid club!!"

Ye really. Every club has its fair share of pre-Madonnas.

Spoilt bunch footballers. 

Some players do all sorts of weird things to get the number they want.

A Hibs forward once wore 01 when 10 was taken.

I seem to remember a guy in Italy using a plus sign so that his number added up to the one he wanted!

3 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

And therein, we probably have the truest answer of 17 pages. It was done to maximise publicity for zero outlay. We are now known for having weird numbers, and that has gone international. 

Sheffield Wednesday you say? Oh the ones that have got weird numbers. Yeah, I've heard of them. 

As opposed to; Sheffield who? Wednesday? Never heard of them. 

Was just abouts to post this.... 

There are probably numerous reasons for the strange numbers. Preference, superstition, 2 numbers adding up to make an unavailable number. 

The Wildsmith thing could be player preference or to give the lad even more confidence, even to raise his profile and value maybe??

The one thing I think most people have over looked is generating publicity. All these decisions which seem bizarre don't just get the beaks on OT flapping.

Just look at some of the newspaper articles they have generated. 

People all over the country and even all over the world are talking about Sheffield Wednesday.

There's a saying that any publicity is good publicity. This is only true to a certain degree (Ched for instance).

Take a step back a moment. Some of these decisions are controversial for a reason.......

DC is a genius. 

2 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

Changes plural.

Change to the badge, change from stripes as he doesn't like them. Guess some are concerned as to what's next and where will it end?

Just trying to understand their concern.

Think the changes so far have been unnecessary and show a lack of understanding as to the importance of traditions in football clubs.

I personally only dislike the changes because I think they've been badly done, hate the badge and kit. Think they're awful and just wrong, but that's just my taste.

Then again,I get worked up whenever I dislike a kit design so...

We did this as recently as the 1990s

Who flipping cares!

4 minutes ago, Sean Watson said:

So who the flip sorted the squad numbers then? And don't say Chansiri! 

Is this a party game where we all know it's chansiri but we can't say chansiri? Like des o'connor's yes no game.

The little fella. Keeps changing stuff. Lives in a hotel. You know.. sells fish.

3 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

They were temporary changes.

The kit will change again next season, who knows what it will be like.

People complain about the kit as it breaks tradition. The same people complain about the badge - even though we now have a more 'traditional' Wednesday badge.

The numbers are bizarre but I can't say it is worth having a moan about.