Squad Numbers

Guest oz_owl

I'm just happy Fernando has managed to keep his traditional strikers number 45 that he was given last season.  I'd have been super angry if they'd given him 46 or some other traditional defenders number.

I think that all this will be forgotten & forgiven if we go up. 

People on here will be praising Chansiri & our lucky new kit / badge / numbers. 

i do like traditional squad numbers, but I won't lose sleep over it. It must've been close to 10 years ago that Beckham started wearing his 32 shirt.

1 minute ago, j17tjp said:

i do like traditional squad numbers, but I won't lose sleep over it. It must've been close to 10 years ago that Beckham started wearing his 32 shirt.

He wore 23 at real Madrid and la galaxy? Think he wore 32 when on loan at Milan just before 2010 world cup I think

1 minute ago, j17tjp said:

23 which he only changed as he joined Real and Raul wore Beckham's prefered no.7.

1 minute ago, Chazgswfc said:

Wasn't it us and Arsenal that first introduced squad numbers 23 years ago?

We're just breaking the mould again lol

I've got a program somewhere with a picture of Waddle's numbered shirt which says "Even Graham Taylor can't fail to pick him now" or something along those lines.