Squad Numbers

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I imagine the moaners are player like Semedo, Melo and McGugan (and perhaps Nuhiu) being move from low numbers to higher ones due to their 'fringe' player status. Tbf I'd kick off if I was forced to wear a stupid number like 41 or 45

He'll definitely be unhappy, he hasn't got one.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I suggest that you don't suggest.  I'm very keen on reading people opinions, the shirt debate was worthy of a thread and people getting upset but changing numbers is again a non issue.

Well I'll stop suggesting things to you if you stop telling me I'm not allowed to whinge and moan (even though I wasn't!) and that I have to get a life. Deal?

49 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

I'm just happy Fernando has managed to keep his traditional strikers number 45 that he was given last season.  I'd have been super angry if they'd given him 46 or some other traditional defenders number.

We all know 46 is "the Doctor"

#rossi

Just now, Donny.Owl said:

Well I'll stop suggesting things to you if you stop telling me I'm not allowed to whinge and moan (even though I wasn't!) and that I have to get a life. Deal?

OMG I was using your post as an example, I'm not just telling you, I'm telling everyone. Read between the lines.

No more suggestions, your crap at them.  But I still love you as you're a Wednesday fan.

21 minutes ago, Holmes said:

If it's a pointless change whats the problem?

I'm gobsmacked that people even raise an eyebrow at this.  It just doesn't matter , it's a none issue.  Who cares what numbers players have? I know don't.

Stop bloody moaning and whinging at nothing, you have better things to do with your life, like picking your nose.

Get a life FFS 

Really? Get a life? Any need for that whatsoever? People will moan and whinge at whatever they want - it's not your place to stop them.

13 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

How important in the great scheme of thing are squad numbers? isn't it more important that the club is known for it's exhilarating football and fantastic support as a family club instead of the disaster...because that what CC is trying to do...if you are really struggling with that mate I'm truly baffled

I'm struggling to see how changing the squad numbers moves us on from the Hillsborough Disaster.

12 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I suggest that you don't suggest.  I'm very keen on reading people opinions, the shirt debate was worthy of a thread and people getting upset but changing numbers is again a non issue.

I suggest you stop telling people what they can or can't post.

It's a message board - for opinions.

If people want to moan at everything Chansiri does - that's up to them.

If people want to stick up for everything Chansiri does - that's up to them.

No way should anyone be told to stop posting how they feel - or be told they need to 'get a life' because they have a different opinion.

Absolutely no need for it, and I'm absolutely sick of it.

Edited by KivoOwl

Just now, KivoOwl said:

Really? Get a life? Any need for that whatsoever? People will moan and whinge at whatever they want - it's not your place to stop them.

I'm struggling to see how changing the squad numbers moves us on from the Hillsborough Disaster.

I suggest you stop telling people what they can or can't post.

It's a message board - for opinions.

If people want to moan at everything Chansiri does - that's up to them.

If people want to stick up for everything Chansiri does - that's up to them.

No way should anyone be told to stop posting how they feel.

Ahhh shaddup

On 28/07/2016 at 15:48, paulowen said:

We used to give our better players 1 thru 11 - Do we/should we do that?

I used to look forward to seeing who gets the classic numbers at the start of a season.

Or is it all about squad numbers now? I just find it odd seeing a starting line up with 45, 41, etc. in it.

We always talked about players being a great number 8 or a classic number 11 striker ...

Or am I just old?

The players have totally done this just to troll poor Paul Owen!

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. 

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

1 Westwood

2 Hunt

3 Pudil 

4 Hutchinson

5 Loovens

6 Lee

7 Matias

8 Bannan

9 Fletcher

10 Abdi

11 Forestieri

12 Kean

13 Wildsmith

14 Hooper

15 Lees

16 Semedo

17 Helan

18 Joao

19 Vermijl

20 Melo

21 McGugan

22 Lachman

23 Bus

24 Palmer

25 Dawson

That took me 2 minutes. Come on Chansiri it isnt flipping hard

Did you sell Nuhiu

"isn't flipping hard"

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

No it didn't.

Take a look at football squads from all other 92 clubs in the Football League -

100% will have a goalkeeper as number 1 - why?

95% will have a right-back as number 2 - why?

95% will have a left-back as number 3 - why?

90% of players with a number from 1-11 will have that number based on what position they play on the field - because of TRADITION.

How many other clubs have a goalkeeper as number 2?

Wakey wakey.

As you're stating this as a fact Kivo why don't you look and post us the squad numbers.

Maybe the starting 11 for these clubs,. Post what the numbers were.  That'd be interesting..

36 minutes ago, modboy said:

If we rename the stadium or move then so be it. We as a club need to progress. Swfc will always be our passion. 

I'm sure he won't change the name but if so maybe to "the Wednesday" or something 

I won't be happy if we leave hillsborough that's for sure. Hillsborough is more a part of this club than any one of us on this forum and it's only a matter of time