Squad Numbers

On 28/07/2016 at 15:48, paulowen said:

We used to give our better players 1 thru 11 - Do we/should we do that?

I used to look forward to seeing who gets the classic numbers at the start of a season.

Or is it all about squad numbers now? I just find it odd seeing a starting line up with 45, 41, etc. in it.

We always talked about players being a great number 8 or a classic number 11 striker ...

Or am I just old?

Hmmmmmmm  yes.

But so am I.

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Fans really need to accept a little bit of change. There can be change without affecting our identity or ruining our history - he hasn't done either of these things yet. 

We still play in blue and white

We have a new badge that is a nod to our heritage

We have a new list of numbers that the referee will utilise to manage the game 

I'm OUTRAGED

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We still play in blue and white

We have a new badge that is a nod to our heritage

We have a new list of numbers that the referee will utilise to manage the game 

I'm OUTRAGED

TBF there's not many people truly outraged.

Just concerned at pointless changes that were always going to divide opinion.

Some just have Allam bells ringing...

26 minutes ago, DeeeeeJ said:

I'm struggling to see why people are getting so wound up about it?

Hilarious isn't it. I love seeing grown men be so wound up about squad numbers :laugh:

I couldn't give a crap what numbers they wear, give nuhiu no 1 if you like. It changes nothing to how we play or who plays. But i do love a good owlstalk overreaction. 

lol

6 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Concerned about squad number changes hahahaha keep em coming :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Seems the bloke who matters has different view.  I wouldn't argue against him.

Yea we know you wouldnt but alot of others would. Sougou is worse than mcgugen thats a fact sougou is just adaptable to cc tactics 

Edited by stocksyuto

8 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

If it's a pointless change whats the problem?

I'm gobsmacked that people even raise an eyebrow at this.  It just doesn't matter , it's a none issue.  Who cares what numbers players have? I know don't.

Stop bloody moaning and whinging at nothing, you have better things to do with your life, like picking your nose.

Get a life FFS 

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Concerned about squad number changes hahahaha keep em coming :laugh:

Changes plural.

Change to the badge, change from stripes as he doesn't like them. Guess some are concerned as to what's next and where will it end?

Just trying to understand their concern.

Think the changes so far have been unnecessary and show a lack of understanding as to the importance of traditions in football clubs.

I personally only dislike the changes because I think they've been badly done, hate the badge and kit. Think they're awful and just wrong, but that's just my taste.

Then again,I get worked up whenever I dislike a kit design so...

Tradition is nice and fluffy. And it makes people warm and fuzzy inside. But tradition doesn't win you games, it doesn't buy the Forestieri's and the Almen Abdi's. It won't get us to the premier league. 

Dont get me wrong, I know some traditions are important and shouldn't be messed with. But I don't see squad numbers as an important tradition. 

I don't think DC should make changes to our identify, our name and colours. Or anything that makes us Sheffield Wednesday. He hasn't done any of those things like the idiot at Cardiff did. I have no reasons to think he will either. 

People need to chill out and accept that some change is inevitable.

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

1 Westwood

2 Hunt

3 Pudil 

4 Hutchinson

5 Loovens

6 Lee

7 Matias

8 Bannan

9 Fletcher

10 Abdi

11 Forestieri

12 Kean

13 Wildsmith

14 Hooper

15 Lees

16 Semedo

17 Helan

18 Joao

19 Vermijl

20 Melo

21 McGugan

22 Lachman

23 Bus

24 Palmer

25 Dawson

That took me 2 minutes. Come on Chansiri it isnt flipping hard

Got something against Wallace?

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

If it's a pointless change whats the problem?

I'm gobsmacked that people even raise an eyebrow at this.  It just doesn't matter , it's a none issue.  Who cares what numbers players have? I know don't.

Stop bloody moaning and whinging at nothing, you have better things to do with your life, like picking your nose.

Get a life FFS 

I've got a life.

Still don't like the badge! Still don't like the kit. I'm not bothered by the numbers.

Guess having a life doesn't effect that.

I'd also suggest if you're not keen on reading other people's differing opinions or "moaning and whinging" on these things, you're probably in the wrong place.

43 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

You tell me the change of squad numbers has something to do with the Hillsborough Disaster.

And then tell me I talk twaddle...

How important in the great scheme of thing are squad numbers? isn't it more important that the club is known for it's exhilarating football and fantastic support as a family club instead of the disaster...because that what CC is trying to do...if you are really struggling with that mate I'm truly baffled

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We all know the changes aren't gonna stop. Next it will be the ground, then the club name, then finally we'll up sticks altogether and move. But as long as we are playing good football it doesn't matter

If we rename the stadium or move then so be it. We as a club need to progress. Swfc will always be our passion. 

I'm sure he won't change the name but if so maybe to "the Wednesday" or something 

1 minute ago, Donny.Owl said:

I've got a life.

Still don't like the badge! Still don't like the kit. I'm not bothered by the numbers.

Guess having a life doesn't effect that.

I'd also suggest if you're not keen on reading other people's differing opinions or "moaning and whinging" on these things, you're probably in the wrong place.

I suggest that you don't suggest.  I'm very keen on reading people opinions, the shirt debate was worthy of a thread and people getting upset but changing numbers is again a non issue.