Squad Numbers

Question for everyone that is saying "it doesn't matter they are just numbers..."

Clearly, to some fans, it is important.

So if "it doesn't matter" what actually is the point in upsetting and annoying a load of the fans?

What's the benefit that outweighs the cost?

I'm not really seeing anyone jumping for joy about it all - just a load of people who don't care, and a load who do care and who don't like it...

Even if you yourself consider the fact that fans are getting upset about something you don't think is worthy of that reaction, it doesn't stop it being a fact that that is the reaction of many...

33 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Bannan and forestieri were given their numbers by chansiri, no choice for the players there.

Sorry that's BS

Forestieri was 45 at Watford and he wanted to be 45 again when coming here. Even his twitter handle has '45' in it. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Sorry that's BS

Forestieri was 45 at Watford and he wanted to be 45 again when coming here. Even his twitter handle has '45' in it. 

He changed that when he joined here, he wore 11 at watford when he joined us and 41 before that. You need to research before you post 

Sorry that's BS

Bannan wants 41 also. He got what he wanted....

Apart from the keepers I think any players that had 1-11 last season and weren't a Chansiri era player have moved out of 1-11 positions.

I know most will say I'm reading too much into it but I think there's something in it.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He changed that when he joined here, he wore 11 at watford when he joined us and 41 before that. You need to research before you post 

Huh, so he did, fancy that

As for the bit in bold, I nearly always double check before I post, so it's very out of character. Also a bit rich coming from "£30 a month car tax" man. 

6 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Question for everyone that is saying "it doesn't matter they are just numbers..."

Clearly, to some fans, it is important.

So if "it doesn't matter" what actually is the point in upsetting and annoying a load of the fans?

What's the benefit that outweighs the cost?

I'm not really seeing anyone jumping for joy about it all - just a load of people who don't care, and a load who do care and who don't like it...

Even if you yourself consider the fact that fans are getting upset about something you don't think is worthy of that reaction, it doesn't stop it being a fact that that is the reaction of many...

Although I don't think the numbers thing is that big a deal you're right.

As with the badge and kit, what is the point?

These things were always going to get a mixed reaction. Don't fix what's not broken.

Tradition and football clubs go hand in hand.

Why upset a chunk of the fan base with needless changes?

Don't think Chansiri really understands that part of it.

Huh, so he did, fancy that

As for the bit in bold, I nearly always double check before I post, so it's very out of character. Also a bit rich coming from "£30 a month car tax" man. 

But you've just made yourself look a bit silly by alleging something that was wrong

1 minute ago, Donny.Owl said:

Although I don't think the numbers thing is that big a deal you're right.

As with the badge and kit, what is the point?

These things were always going to get a mixed reaction. Don't fix what's not broken.

Tradition and football clubs go hand in hand.

Why upset a chunk of the fan base with needless changes?

Don't think Chansiri really understands that part of it.

The only reason to change the badge/get rid of stripes/change squad numbers is to enforce power.

I've got the power to do it, so I will.

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Willing to bet £1000 Abdi won't be #22 this season!  :biggrin:

Well that was a load of crap that I was told that numbers worn in the last few friendlies would be squad numbers

Edited by rob1601