Abdi from Watford?

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Getting bored of the Abdi stuff now. We have far more pressing matters and I feel this is distracting the fans at least from the fact that we still currently don't have a left back and are extremely short in central defense. Pudil seems inevitable in his signing which is great, but we can't start the season with only one LB. Equally there have been no noises as of yet of any centre backs. We need to get these over the line before the Villa game... Abdi is a luxury, the above are necessities. 

42 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

How do you know that the club is being distracted? Do you seriously believe that this is the case?

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Please please please read my original post

I CLEARLY said "the fans at least", I no way implied the club were.

Good grief lol

I have read your original post. I have highlighted sentences above from that post. I have also highlighted in RED three uses of the word 'we' which, contrary to your statement that "I no way implied the club were", clearly do refer to the club.

You further suggested that Abdi is a luxury.

Do you seriosly believe that the club is not aware of all areas in the team  that may need strengthening?

Are you also suggesting that we should forego the opportunity to sign Abdi until we have made signings in the areas that you believe are more important?

I see the possible signing of Abdi to be a clear sign that the club has clear ideas of a) what it needs, and b) what is available to satisfy those needs.  I fully expect the Club to do all it can to rectify any perceived weakness.

Garrido has just tweeted.

Deal very close, hope to announce a double deal for Abdi and Pudil today.

Sky Sources: Sheffield Wednesday hope to announce the dual signing of Daniel Pudil & Almen Abdi today. Deal is very close. #SWFC #watfordfc

Edited by owlZfan84

Don't know if anyone has already suggested this, but just occurred to me the two deals may be contingent on each other. E.g. We will sell you Abdi for X if you cough up Y for Pudil. Would explain why we seem hell bent on announcing them together for some reason

7 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Garrido has just tweeted.

Deal very close, hope to announce a double deal for Abdi and Pudil today.

Sky Sources: Sheffield Wednesday hope to announce the dual signing of Daniel Pudil & Almen Abdi today. Deal is very close. #SWFC #watfordfc

Awwww yeeaaah 

Cant wait now just get it done so i dont have to look at this thread ever again its been the worst 24 hours of my life as a wednesday fan lol

Edited by stocksyuto