May be controversial

Guest Maxine
1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

sexist comment alert

I'm not sexist one bit where as Carlos is a sex bomb Bruce is more a comfy slipper.

53 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Have we NOT got a Wednesdayite who knows how to read a paper, or how a Reporter goes about his job?

It is a Reporter's job to search for controversy, and how this well this chap know his job. He'd make a splendid fisherman. 

Put YOURSELF in Carlos' place. You're managing, or building, a SECOND tier club with hopes and intentions of becoming a top tier club. He takes a team that, early in his reign are struggling in the bottom reaches of the second tier, and by the end of the first season has got them into a position where they could get promotion. It matters little that, over the full season, the fIVE teams above us are better by around 10 points over the full season, we reach Wembley.

Were I the Owner of some of the the hiigher clubs, particularly some in the lower reaches of the Top Tier  I would be looking to improve my managership. I would look around and think 'Oh, that chap at Hillsborough's not doing a bad job. I think I will go and have a chat, maybe make an offer.'

What does that chap do? He sits and chats, and if he is intelligent, he weighs up the offer. He then decides 'No, that's not for me, I'm happy where I am.'

Unfortunately for Carlos he appears to be an honest man, and when someone asks him the question 'Have you spoken to a Premiership club?' he answers yes.

The fact that he has said that he's spoken to a higher club is taken quite out of context. Much is made of the fact that he has spoken to a higher club. Nothing is given to his ANSWER - 'No, I'm quite happy here'

One point I have made throughout the year. In any of his interviews, he has consistently told it as he sees it - no blaming Refs, or poor decisions. Just 'we must learn from this.'

Gentlemen, we have got a rarity here - IMO  an honest man. Thank the Lord.

Well said Sir

Guest Chenk
3 hours ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

I agree

He is getting a bit of an ego

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Do you really believe in him?

Can you explain why please.

44 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Going from mid table to making the playoffs was good but doesn't really qualify as "rescued us from football obscurity".

Prior to the end of the season, we were in obscurity. Everyone talked (especially w'supporters) of the 'good old days', when we were a top side. Now, given the impetus of last season, lots of people are now talking. Yes, I believe in him. He's not proved himself to be a Bill Shankley or an Alex Ferguson yet, but even and old Fogey like me can see the extent that our performance has improved. I have watched Wednesday since 1947, and can honestly say that I am appreciating my football more now than I have for years.

Don't expect us to take the Premiership by storm - those thing don't happen. Even the late,greats did not achieve it, but if he can achieve what he has done in 12 months, he at least deserves LOYALTY from supporters. As for believing in him, it's not a case of belief, it's trust. So far, he has appeared to have delivered on most if not all his promises. We have been kidded and lied to for so long it's become second nature to us to disbelieve. Perhaps it's time that we change our attitude as the players have changed the way they play. In the 14-15 season, many times it looked like the players were just turning up. They now look as though they want to perform. A change in attitude from the players may demand a change in attitude from the fans.

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Prior to the end of the season, we were in obscurity. Everyone talked (especially w'supporters) of the 'good old days', when we were a top side. Now, given the impetus of last season, lots of people are now talking. Yes, I believe in him. He's not proved himself to be a Bill Shankley or an Alex Ferguson yet, but even and old Fogey like me can see the extent that our performance has improved. I have watched Wednesday since 1947, and can honestly say that I am appreciating my football more now than I have for years.

Don't expect us to take the Premiership by storm - those thing don't happen. Even the late,greats did not achieve it, but if he can achieve what he has done in 12 months, he at least deserves LOYALTY from supporters. As for believing in him, it's not a case of belief, it's trust. So far, he has appeared to have delivered on most if not all his promises. We have been kidded and lied to for so long it's become second nature to us to disbelieve. Perhaps it's time that we change our attitude as the players have changed the way they play. In the 14-15 season, many times it looked like the players were just turning up. They now look as though they want to perform. A change in attitude from the players may demand a change in attitude from the fans.

Sorry Buxton, I was asking about the Lord not Carlos

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Bruce, old school.

CC, new school.

I don't buy into this philosophy.    Tactics evolve and there are always systems and setups that are more popular at any particular time - but a good manager is a good manager and will fit the players he has available into the best tactic he see's fit.

Put Big Ron as he was when he took us over into today as our manager, and I think he'd do a job comparable to what Carlos is doing but with what you call old school methods.    Sam Allardyce as England manager many would see as 10 years too late, but I think it will work.

I still don't buy into Steve Bruce as a manager, look what he did at the lane, he crippled them financially bringing in players on unsustainable wages because he needed to work with the finished article, not what Carlos has been doing - getting players who haven't made it previously, polishing them and making something out of them they failed to do elsewhere - OR getting the best back out of players who have been there and done it, but discarded as past it etc.

Going back to the OP - Its not controversial, it's bloody stupid if it's not a naff fishing attempt.

Edited by salmonbones

1 hour ago, Donny.Owl said:

Going from mid table to making the playoffs was good but doesn't really qualify as "rescued us from football obscurity".

For a club our size I'd say only just making mid table,watching absolute dire football,not being able to afford to buy a decent player in nearly 15 years,having to look over our shoulder to avoid relegation for most of our time in the Championship is close enough to football obscurity for me thanks very much!!!!!!

So we move on to the next thing to moan about.

Our best season since we dropped out of the Premier League, the best squad we have had yet it seems people want to start a witch hunt against the chairman and manager that gave us it.

Awful support and you don't deserve any success, ungrateful d-i-cks.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

Mods.

These are the posters that should be getting banned.

These posters are too stupid to realise the amount of damage they are doing with this smearing campaign, against the cub they are supposed to support.

First the chairman now the manager, we don't need it.