May be controversial

Bruce, old school.

CC, new school.

Can't help thinking (with the odd exception), that a lot of the stock name British managers have fallen behind the game compared to their continental counterparts.

The way CC seems to look and analyse the game seems a million miles away from the attitude of some home grown managers.

Let's not forget as well, that CC has achieved what he has in just one season, compared to a gradual progressive building over a longer period with people like Bruce & others.

Absolute no brainer for me.

I realise this is a discussion forum to throw ideas around, but can we discuss the coronation of a new messiah when this messiah has actually gone, which hopefully won't be for a while.

I can't help feel it is also a bit disrespectful to even discuss a replacement when A:- he is doing so well, and B:- He has said he is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Gobbing off about Prem club talks,  is CC telling us he's doing us a favour, by staying. Bad PR. 

*** for tat, we could remind him, that swfc rescued him from football obscurity.  

But he deserves to be let off, 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Gobbing off about Prem club talks,  is CC telling us he's doing us a favour, by staying. Bad PR. 

*** for tat, we could remind him, that swfc rescued him from football obscurity.  

TrollsRUs

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

DC  rescued us from football obscurity but by Christopher he's getting some grief at the moment 

Have we NOT got a Wednesdayite who knows how to read a paper, or how a Reporter goes about his job?

It is a Reporter's job to search for controversy, and how this well this chap know his job. He'd make a splendid fisherman. 

Put YOURSELF in Carlos' place. You're managing, or building, a SECOND tier club with hopes and intentions of becoming a top tier club. He takes a team that, early in his reign are struggling in the bottom reaches of the second tier, and by the end of the first season has got them into a position where they could get promotion. It matters little that, over the full season, the fIVE teams above us are better by around 10 points over the full season, we reach Wembley.

Were I the Owner of some of the the hiigher clubs, particularly some in the lower reaches of the Top Tier  I would be looking to improve my managership. I would look around and think 'Oh, that chap at Hillsborough's not doing a bad job. I think I will go and have a chat, maybe make an offer.'

What does that chap do? He sits and chats, and if he is intelligent, he weighs up the offer. He then decides 'No, that's not for me, I'm happy where I am.'

Unfortunately for Carlos he appears to be an honest man, and when someone asks him the question 'Have you spoken to a Premiership club?' he answers yes.

The fact that he has said that he's spoken to a higher club is taken quite out of context. Much is made of the fact that he has spoken to a higher club. Nothing is given to his ANSWER - 'No, I'm quite happy here'

One point I have made throughout the year. In any of his interviews, he has consistently told it as he sees it - no blaming Refs, or poor decisions. Just 'we must learn from this.'

Gentlemen, we have got a rarity here - IMO  an honest man. Thank the Lord.

22 minutes ago, curren said:

DC  rescued us from football obscurity but by Christopher he's getting some grief at the moment 

Going from mid table to making the playoffs was good but doesn't really qualify as "rescued us from football obscurity".

23 years since we were last at Wembley and first time at the new Wembley in their first season.

There's been stuff in between but nothing to set the wider football world alight.

Some of our fans come across as extremely deluded and ungrateful.

Re. Bruce bigging up CC/Wednesday; It can be taken at more than face value.  He's been around and isn't daft.  The oldskool mob aren't stupid when it comes to mind games for one off matches in our league(s).  He took the pressure away from the madness at their place by heaping the praise and expectation on us.

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

23 years since we were last at Wembley and first time at the new Wembley in their first season.

There's been stuff in between but nothing to set the wider football world alight.

Some of our fans come across as extremely deluded and ungrateful.

Re. Bruce bigging up CC/Wednesday; It can be taken at more than face value.  He's been around and isn't daft.  The oldskool mob aren't stupid when it comes to mind games for one off matches in our league(s).  He took the pressure away from the madness at their place by heaping the praise and expectation on us.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

43 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Have we NOT got a Wednesdayite who knows how to read a paper, or how a Reporter goes about his job?

It is a Reporter's job to search for controversy, and how this well this chap know his job. He'd make a splendid fisherman. 

Put YOURSELF in Carlos' place. You're managing, or building, a SECOND tier club with hopes and intentions of becoming a top tier club. He takes a team that, early in his reign are struggling in the bottom reaches of the second tier, and by the end of the first season has got them into a position where they could get promotion. It matters little that, over the full season, the fIVE teams above us are better by around 10 points over the full season, we reach Wembley.

Were I the Owner of some of the the hiigher clubs, particularly some in the lower reaches of the Top Tier  I would be looking to improve my managership. I would look around and think 'Oh, that chap at Hillsborough's not doing a bad job. I think I will go and have a chat, maybe make an offer.'

What does that chap do? He sits and chats, and if he is intelligent, he weighs up the offer. He then decides 'No, that's not for me, I'm happy where I am.'

Unfortunately for Carlos he appears to be an honest man, and when someone asks him the question 'Have you spoken to a Premiership club?' he answers yes.

The fact that he has said that he's spoken to a higher club is taken quite out of context. Much is made of the fact that he has spoken to a higher club. Nothing is given to his ANSWER - 'No, I'm quite happy here'

One point I have made throughout the year. In any of his interviews, he has consistently told it as he sees it - no blaming Refs, or poor decisions. Just 'we must learn from this.'

Gentlemen, we have got a rarity here - IMO  an honest man. Thank the Lord.

Do you really believe in him?

Can you explain why please.