May be controversial

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

'The season starts soon lets go on social media and smear negativity about the club I support'.

Well played and top support.

I thought you had things to do?

Guest Chenk
1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

No successful manager ever had a bit of an ego though ever?

Let's hope it, CC's,  never gets as big as that of some of our supporters.

Not saying other managers don't have an ego, just people warmed to him more last season when he was more humble

In my opinion Carlos's dream has turned into an ego, if having an ego gets us promoted then I have no problem with that

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I have a bit of time, I just haven't got all weekend to explain things to you and your lass.

Good stuff. Just don't want to keep you from your things to do. 

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. Not a smear campaign, far from it. CC has lasted 8 months longer than I thought he would, but he has been a breath of fresh air. Great football, excellent recruitment. That said, I've always thought he sees us as a stepping stone, and although I've no real issue with that, the ruthless nature of football means it can work both ways.

3 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

Going from mid table to making the playoffs was good but doesn't really qualify as "rescued us from football obscurity".

For a club our size I'd say only just making mid table,watching absolute dire football,not being able to afford to buy a decent player in nearly 15 years,having to look over our shoulder to avoid relegation for most of our time in the Championship is close enough to football obscurity for me thanks very much!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, vulva said:

Deary me. Do you not get of the house much?

CC is a very good manager, as is Bruce. The point I was trying to make was that all things been equal, I'd back a Steve Bruce team over one put together by CC, to win promotion. Simple as that. Let me know if that clears things up. If not, I'll put some pictures together for you. 

But things weren't equal where they.The odds  where stacked massively in Bruce's favour managing premier league players on premier league wages beating a side that was assembled in a rush by a bloke with little knowledge of the championship .

I dare say if both managers had swapped roles last August  Hull would of still been promoted and youd be saying Bruce should Be replaced for being unprofessional and wanting the England job.

I look forward to your pictures!!!!!

5 hours ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

I have given this matter due consideration, and have decided that I disagree.

1 minute ago, curren said:

For a club our size I'd say only just making mid table,watching absolute dire football,not being able to afford to buy a decent player in nearly 15 years,having to look over our shoulder to avoid relegation for most of our time in the Championship is close enough to football obscurity for me thanks very much!!!!!!

Well if being mid table in the 2nd tier is your idea of "obscurity" then you have high standards.

No decent players?

What about Hutch or Lees or Lee or Westwood?

It wasn't a negative post BTW, just don't think we've come that far YET (it's a work in progress and I'm cautiously optimistic) and I don't think we needed to be "rescued".

MM rescued us and we'd been making steady progress year on year ever since.

Granted we needed a takeover to speed up that progress and MM wasn't in it for the long term so was limited to keeping things ticking over.

It's great having a coach that plays good football and we've got some top players, I'm happy with that but let's not exaggerate.

1 minute ago, Donny.Owl said:

Well if being mid table in the 2nd tier is your idea of "obscurity" then you have high standards.

No decent players?

What about Hutch or Lees or Lee or Westwood?

It wasn't a negative post BTW, just don't think we've come that far YET (it's a work in progress and I'm cautiously optimistic) and I don't think we needed to be "rescued".

MM rescued us and we'd been making steady progress year on year ever since.

Granted we needed a takeover to speed up that progress and MM wasn't in it for the long term so was limited to keeping things ticking over.

It's great having a coach that plays good football and we've got some top players, I'm happy with that but let's not exaggerate.

Mid table once in how many years?

I mentioned not being able to Buy good players.What was the combined cost of the players you mentioned? You won't be far wrong if you say £0.

As for my high expectations,I've seen the likes of Sheffield Utd,Burnley,Blackpool,Wigan and Fulham to name but a few playing in the premier league since we where last there .

I've been fortunate to see us challenge for the league title with the likes of Waddle,Hirst,Walker and Sheridan.

I've seen us  splash millions on players like De Canio .

So you will have to forgive me if I think scrapping a mid table finish in the Championship and Celebrating beating Hartlepool in Cardiff is football obscurity. 

2 minutes ago, curren said:

Mid table once in how many years?

I mentioned not being able to Buy good players.What was the combined cost of the players you mentioned? You won't be far wrong if you say £0.

As for my high expectations,I've seen the likes of Sheffield Utd,Burnley,Blackpool,Wigan and Fulham to name but a few playing in the premier league since we where last there .

I've been fortunate to see us challenge for the league title with the likes of Waddle,Hirst,Walker and Sheridan.

I've seen us  splash millions on players like De Canio .

So you will have to forgive me if I think scrapping a mid table finish in the Championship and Celebrating beating Hartlepool in Cardiff is football obscurity. 

You're forgiven lol

59 minutes ago, vulva said:

Good stuff. Just don't want to keep you from your things to do. 

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. Not a smear campaign, far from it. CC has lasted 8 months longer than I thought he would, but he has been a breath of fresh air. Great football, excellent recruitment. That said, I've always thought he sees us as a stepping stone, and although I've no real issue with that, the ruthless nature of football means it can work both ways.

Any manager who makes Wednesday a stepping stone, actually has to take Wednesday to the top flight.   A top flight Wednesday has the ability to be an awesome job for someone.    A top flight Wednesday has more potential than 

Bournmouth, Burnley, Palace, Hull, Leicester (yes, the current champions) Middlesborough, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, Watford,  West Brom, West Ham.

A few seasons in,  the middle tier of clubs like Everton.

I'm sorry, If Carlos gets in the position where he could leave for the top flight the only reason he'll do it is for a club outside those I mention above, who have no need to take a risk with an unproven top top manager.   Anything else he has better chance achieving where he is right now.   To leave just keeps him on the same path as journeyman manager which I am sure he doesn't want.

6 hours ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

The same Steve Bruce that almost threw away a cup semi final against the blunts because of the woeful starting line up they had and had to rescue it the second half by substitutions to re-balance the side?

Err I think not!

2 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

Do you think he'd be talking about it openly of they hadn't given him permission? 

I'm guessing Carlos doesn't realise he shouldn't have. There's been no press reports of an official approach. How many clubs do you think have had DC's permission?