May be controversial

Guest Iveco

cc for me... He was being honest, we're a funny breed slate clubs/managers when they keep things from us but when they're honest we slate them

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Gobbing off about Prem club talks,  is CC telling us he's doing us a favour, by staying. Bad PR. 

*** for tat, we could remind him, that swfc rescued him from football obscurity.  

But he deserves to be let off, 

lol

Former Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas manager

Bruce would be a decent candidate should we need to find a manager anytime soon BUT I hope we are finally settling on a style and identity.

Should CC ever go or be sacked I'd want someone that will come in with similar ideas to avoid completely starting again each time. 

Surprised by the number of people on here saying CC's been unprofessional in revealing he spoke to Prem clubs. If he said "I spoke to two Prem clubs but decided to stay here" and that was that, then I would agree... It sounds like he's doing us a favour. But in his very next sentence in that interview he gave his reasons for wanting to stay... Namely that he was very happy here and he's at a stage where he isn't concerned about money and is essentially having fun and enjoying life in Sheffield with the team he's started to build.

Now I appreciate the argument can be made that that may not be the whole truth, but without extra information we have to pretty much take what has been said at face value. And with the above known, to me that isn't unprofessionalism, that is simply honesty mixed with some gratitude and genuine joy at what is going on in his life right now

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

I'd like to swap some of our "fans"

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Surprised by the number of people on here saying CC's been unprofessional in revealing he spoke to Prem clubs. If he said "I spoke to two Prem clubs but decided to stay here" and that was that, then I would agree... It sounds like he's doing us a favour. But in his very next sentence in that interview he gave his reasons for wanting to stay... Namely that he was very happy here and he's at a stage where he isn't concerned about money and is essentially having fun and enjoying life in Sheffield with the team he's started to build.

Now I appreciate the argument can be made that that may not be the whole truth, but without extra information we have to pretty much take what has been said at face value. And with the above known, to me that isn't unprofessionalism, that is simply honesty mixed with some gratitude and genuine joy at what is going on in his life right now

Was about to post similar.

It's not like he's threatening to leave!

Said he's enjoying it here and chose that over more money.

What's the problem?

As for Bruce, would be an option were we in the market for a manager but we're not and at this stage of pre-season changing things would be a big step backwards before any progress was made.

Totally different style of manager with different ideas.

Let Carlos build on his first season.

Controversial?

Desperate more like.

What if FF breaks both legs in a freak cereal bar incident?

What if DC gets a sudden passion for grass roots tiddlywinks and decides to invest his entire fortune in it?

What if the sky falls in?

etc, etc,

CC is not leaving - stop trying to cause 'controversy' where there is none.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

So CC was unprofessional for saying he spoke to premier league clubs and you want to replace him with Steve Bruce who was shouting from the roof tops and basically begging for the England job whilst on a pre season tour with Hull City ?