Will leaving the EU impact potential signings

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Nigel Farage will be handling the work permit applications. :manager:

It would be better if this was handled by an independent committee. For me these people would be best suited.

Politician - Roy Hattersley. A wealth of experience doing, erm, summat.

Footballers - I think we need professional footballers on the committee. Why not use current England International players. Maybe Vardy, or Cahill?

Other Sports Personalities - Perhaps we could look at other sports stars to sit on this committee. Cricket is a good choice, so possible someone like Michael Vaughan?

Non-Sports Related - I think for balance, there should be a couple of non-sports related people involved. I keep hearing this Garrido bloke being mentioned, so I'm throwing him in the ring. Maybe Rivers Cuomo, as he is American and can have nothing to gain or lose.

I did think about Alex Turner, but we all know he supports dem blavdes.

3 minutes ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Never mind. We could soon be hailing that working-class, man-of-the-people Boris >>>king Johnson as our new moderate Prime Minister. Life couldn't be better - NOT.

Him and Trump leading the western world  :picnic:

Two right wing fanatic rich boys with bad hair and a habit of talking utter cobblers at the worst moments.

8 minutes ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Never mind. We could soon be hailing that working-class, man-of-the-people Boris >>>king Johnson as our new moderate Prime Minister. Life couldn't be better - NOT.

The candidates to replace Cameron reads like a list of who's the biggest kn*b in UK game show.  Scary times ahead indeed 

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

Surely it won't be down to us to dictate to the EU, what we want to keep in place, treaties as such.  Wont they simply say swing ya hook?

Our new prime minister Farage will sort it out.

No, they EU have too much to lose themselves to just say swing ya hook

The fall in the £ will sort itself out, as regards to free movement of workers in Europe will  end, however it is in the Governments power to allow certain professions or individuals in on a work permit. The Premier League and Sky, through the Murdoch empire will put tremendous pressure on the Government. I don't care either way, it will be the same for all clubs

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Alright boys, take it easy. It's still a football forum. Let's not lynch oneanother. 

Then he should have kept his remarks to football.

This is in no way having a go at you but his remarks are hurtful to a lot of people.

52 minutes ago, shez owl said:

Level out?! The markets are least of our worries. Everything we buy will be more expensive than now forever! We have just said f@ck you to our biggest trading partner and the organisation that regulates prices. But them bananas hey

Who's to say we won't make better trade agreements than what we had in place with the EU. We managed before EU and we'll do alright without them too. Looks like our MP's and PM (whoever replaces DC) will have to earn their money a little more now. 

Just now, mozzy85 said:

Who's to say we won't make better trade agreements than what we had in place with the EU. We managed before EU and we'll do alright without them too. Looks like our MP's and PM (whoever replaces DC) will have to earn their money a little more now. 

It's fine guys, we've just signed new trade agreements with Guatemala and Tanzania, that will take up the slack.

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

Just using FF as an example. If he applied for a work permit under the new rules to come in it would be rejected.

So if he applied for a renewal now is it rejected and please leave the country?

Why would it be rejected?

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

I'm no expert on this but hasn't played international football

I've just read had this happened a year ago Payet, Martial and Kante wouldn't have got permits

I was not aware TBH that you need to play for your country, before you get a permit.

1 minute ago, mozzy85 said:

Who's to say? Well the EU did for a start, you know that organisation that controls ALL our prospective and current customers. It's not impossible to do deals but it is impossible to do better deals than the one we have now, that is a fact and something we have to live with. By the way the country was a wreck before we joined, but hey we've got BoJo and Farage two multi millionaires, to lead us ordinary folk out of recession.

Anyway come on DC lets get a player in 

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I'm no expert on this but hasn't played international football

I've just read had this happened a year ago Payet, Martial and Kante wouldn't have got permits

Dont worry in future we'll get to watch more English players who are known for their exciting and entertaining style of football. And it means once every 6 weeks we get to see them come together to beat Moldova 7-0 instead of 4-0. Happy days