Will leaving the EU impact potential signings

It will cause uncertainties until a decision is reached , the referendum alone does not take us out of the EU , It will take anc Act of Parliament to repeal the Act which took us in. Then it must pass the Lords. That's all before we start on Article 50 to leave the EU 

I doubt we will actually leave the EU as I cannot foresee Parliament passing a Bill which would destroy the Union , with Scotland ,Nirthern Ireland and Gibraltar all wanting independence . 

Edited by elyowl1

15 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

It will cause uncertainties until a decision is reached , the referendum alone does not take us out of the EU , It will take anc Act of Parliament to repeal the Act which took us in. Then it must pass the Lords. That's all before we start on Article 50 to leave the EU 

I doubt we will actually leave the EU as I cannot foresee Parliament passing a Bill which would destroy the Union , with Scotland ,Nirthern Ireland and Gibraltar all wanting independence . 

Drivel - do you actually believe what you have written or are you flouncing?

37 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Drivel - do you actually believe what you have written or are you flouncing?

Not drivel , the referendum is, was and will remain purely advisory , there was nothing in the wording to make in binding. the 1972 Act of Parliament to take us into the EU is still a binding piece of legislation and will need an Act of Parliament to be repealed . A simple google of Acts of Parliament will tell you this to be the case 

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

Not drivel , the referendum is, was and will remain purely advisory , there was nothing in the wording to make in binding. the 1972 Act of Parliament to take us into the EU is still a binding piece of legislation and will need an Act of Parliament to be repealed . A simple google of Acts of Parliament will tell you this to be the case 

More drivel. No UK government in history has given a referendum and reneged on the result. 

Keep talking rubbish you obviously have no idea how our parliamentary system works. 

We will stay in the EU until a PM enacts article 50 , Cameron wouldn't do it even Johnson is back peddling saying in his own words there is no rush to leave . 

There is more than enough opposition in Parliament and throughout the country to stop this stupidity going ahead . 

I'm honest I voted remain and if we leave the EU I'm quite happy to say I'm leaving the country , ive made more than enough to happily relocate my family elsewhere 

18 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Keep talking rubbish you obviously have no idea how our parliamentary system works. 

We will stay in the EU until a PM enacts article 50 , Cameron wouldn't do it even Johnson is back peddling saying in his own words there is no rush to leave . 

There is more than enough opposition in Parliament and throughout the country to stop this stupidity going ahead . 

I'm honest I voted remain and if we leave the EU I'm quite happy to say I'm leaving the country , ive made more than enough to happily relocate my family elsewhere 

I have already said twice in this thread that it is up to our government when we enact article 50. Don't think there is any backpeddling just a need to sort out what the approach is to be. The ideal time to invoke the article 50 is in December as the EU operates a Calendar fiscal year. This would negate the need for proportional calculations.

Whilst I appreciate you may be one of the people who doesn't like the idea of giving the "stupid" voters, who don't know enough to vote, a say (except of course all those who agreed with you) you may wish to know that I did study Politics at Uni then worked for an MP (quite a famous one) and ultimately for HMG home and abroad for many years. 

But will of course bow to your superior knowledge.

1 hour ago, Triple O said:

I have already said twice in this thread that it is up to our government when we enact article 50. Don't think there is any backpeddling just a need to sort out what the approach is to be. The ideal time to invoke the article 50 is in December as the EU operates a Calendar fiscal year. This would negate the need for proportional calculations.

Whilst I appreciate you may be one of the people who doesn't like the idea of giving the "stupid" voters, who don't know enough to vote, a say (except of course all those who agreed with you) you may wish to know that I did study Politics at Uni then worked for an MP (quite a famous one) and ultimately for HMG home and abroad for many years. 

But will of course bow to your superior knowledge.

All that without being able to spell.  lol